Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel
Stay Central Hotel(Edinburgh)
  • Bar/Lounge
Old Town Chambers(Edinburgh)
2,873 results
All reviewsgreat locationroyal milerubber duckwalk in showergrassmarket areaelemis toiletriespubs and restaurantsgrass marketcastle viewexcellent hotelmodern hotelwould highly recommend this hotelstayed here for nightsfull scottish breakfastbreakfast was excellentcomfy bedprinces street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We just got back today, 15th after a 3 night stay. I have to say I didn't know what to expect as was a present from my boyfriend. I couldn't have been happier.. Brilliant location, friendly staff, clean open and fresh decor. I especially loved the little touches like the galaxy hot chocolates in the room, still and sparkling waters, selection of teas.. Really good hair dryer not the usual tiny ones I normally get in hotels.. Walk in shower aswell as a bath and my favourite.. A rubber duck! We ordered room service for breakfast on two mornings.. Great selection of food and plenty of it too.. The young lady who came up with our breakfast was incredibly friendly also it was only a pound or two for this service altogether which is amazing compared to other hotels. The rooms were immaculate, great big tv and lovely big heated towels.. All in all I can't say enough, couldn't have been happier.. Would definitely stay here again and again.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Grainne-car
Lindsay S, General Manager at Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind review of the Apex City hotel. I am glad you had a great time in Edinburgh and hope you are looking after Bobby - our little green duck? Please remember that Bobby gets lonely without friends and you can always pick up a little brother or sister for him when you stay at any Apex hotel (I have heard that Bobby has a particular fancy for Shirley - the little red duck from our Temple Court hotel in London).

I do appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel and hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Booked my room in March 2013 for the highland show booked the city double because had the same room in 2011 and the differences were vast. The 2011 room was very spacious with a very big bathroom and a great view of the castle. Whereas in 2013 the room was half the size with slanted roof and my partner kept hitting his head when he got out of bed and the bathroom was tiny there was no room to swing a cat and our bags were delivered to the wrong room and the worst thing is I paid more for a tiny corner room

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kristen S

Dear Kristen

I was disappointed to read that you did not like the room you were allocated for your stay with us last summer. I am just sorry you have taken so long to let me know as I would have been pleased to have had the opportunity to change your room during your stay. Our policy, should a guest be unhappy with their room, is to offer an alternative at the earliest opportunity. Within the hotel we can offer rooms in varying styles and sizes as well as particularly quiet rooms or rooms with a view of the Castle. If you stay with us again please let us know your preference and we will do our best to accommodate.

If you plan to return for the Highland show this year please contact me directly so that I can ensure you receive a similar room to the one you were allocated in 2011. My e-mail address is lindsay.sturrock@apexhotels.co.uk.

I do hope that you will stay with us again and afford me the opportunity to ensure you receive a room that is to your satisfaction.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Had a wonderful weekend stay in the apex.
Staff were helpful and very friendly especially the young lady serving us breakfast.
The breakfast was lovely and a huge choice.Rooms a great size and very clean.
A huge plus was being able to use the sauna,steam room and swimming pool at a sister hotel free of charge.
would stay here again in a heartbeat.
Highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lindsay S, General Manager at Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Fiona

Thank you for leaving a 5***** star review - postings like this are always great to see as I know our guests have truly enjoyed their stay. Hopefully you will have the opportunity to return again soon and enjoy another break in Edinburgh.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

2 night stay with my daughter on a rugby weekend. Firstly have to commend hotel for not charging sky high prices for that reason. Excellent central situation, easy friendly check in. Our room, 3rd floor, 3129, was large and comfortable. Decor slightly faded but all v clean with large shower, bath, huge towels and v comfortable beds with excellent quality linen. Didn't eat in hotel but had nightcap both evenings. Bar area spacious and comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. Had a problem with toilet flush late Sat pm. Phoned down, had a call back in 5 minutes and the Manageress was up & had it fixed within 15. Have access to pool I believe in sister Apex also on Grassmarket. Complimentary newspaper. It was service with a smile all the way. Great stay. Quality of service makes the difference.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving a great review following your stay at the Apex City hotel. I was pleased to read that you had a comfortable stay and found my staff welcoming. My apologies that there was a problem with the flush in your room, however I am glad that the Duty Manager was able to respond quickly and get it repaired.

I do appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback and hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed at the Apex City Hotel in Edinburgh in Jan 2014 for 5 nights to attend a family wedding. From the moment we arrived we were made feel very welcome. Checking in was quick and our room was warm and spotless. There was a good selection of teas and coffees along with hot chocolate and bottled water which is not available in more expensive hotels. The bed was comfortable, and the room was of an acceptable size. We ordered room service and the staff who delivered it was extremely polite, nothing was too much bother for him. I looked forward to getting into a warm bath following my days sightseeing and shopping which had a heated rail and fresh towels daily. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Edinburgh and i would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the front of the hotel as the room we stayed in had no view at all of the street but it was quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for "highly recommending" us. Positive reviews like yours are really important to me and I appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback.

Hopefully we will see you again in the future; perhaps in the summer when we do occasionally get a warm and sunny day!!