I hate to sound a negative note. I've stayed at Ibis before many times in various places, including Edinburgh. This time I was disappointed. Good points: location, staff and bed comfort. Bad points: the rooms are just too small for the price, TV is dated, cups/glasses which I took to my room were persistently left there by cleaning staff. The worst thing was the cooked breakfast. Dry bacon, dry egg, black sausages, everything cold. I just avoided anything cooked by the third day and stuck to continental. Avoid. There are restaurants virtually next door which offer good breakfasts at similar prices. Ibis must decide whether its a budget hotel in which case they should charge budget prices OR a good hotel in which case they should be a good hotel. No comparison to Premier Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile hotel is located in the old town,just off the Royal Mile, Princess Street and its numerous restaurants are all within walking distance. 5 min from Waverley railway station and 12 km from the airport, the hotel has 99 rooms, including 6 adapted for disabled guests. It has a bar serving snacks 24/24 and Wifi Internet access for guests on a business trip. Public parking is 10 min on foot from the hotel, with reductions for clients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Edinburgh Centre Hotel Edinburgh
- Accor Edinburgh Centre
- Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile Scotland