“Great Location”

Ranked #57 of 147 Hotels in Edinburgh
Porto Alegre, RS
“Great Location”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The positive point about this hotel is its location. We were five minutes by foot from the Royal Mile and less than 10 minutes from the New Town, Arthur`s Seat and all the touristic points of the city.

The hotel is like all the others european Ibis but little bit old fashioned comparing with the londoners. The breakfast was good but expensive and the rooms could be better structured. For example, the view through the window of my room was a huge wall less than one meter. The last complain it about the internet.. Its unacceptable that there is a hotel in 2013 without free wi-fi.

On the other hand I`d stay there again. The staff was very helpful, polite and contributed very well to make my holidays incredible.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerIbis, General Manager at Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Lucas Pithan,
Thank you for your kind comments about your stay with us at Ibis Edinburgh. I am sorry we were unable to meet all your expectations but I am very pleased that you will be returning. Kind regards
Joanne Green

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Was a lovely little hotel, the staff were very friendly and extremely efficient. The room was nice, and had a bath in which we weren't expecting! Not a single problem during our stay, will definitely recommend.

The only thing i would say is the staff didn't seam interested in helping us with were to visit and we were a little clueless. I looked through the leaflets many times, but sometimes its nice to have someone suggest something and i asked a few times.. and got very little back from the them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear HollyG141,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay here with us. I was disappointed to read your comment regarding the helpfulness of the staff and can only apologise as this is not the impression we like to give and not their normal behaviour.
I do hope you will return in the future and we are able to help.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is my 2rd stay at this hotel. Service & staff were brilliant and helpful with directions. The location could not be better for the price. We had a lot of early hours noises in the corridor which was annoying but not the fault of the hotel as this was other guests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LoulouChed
Dear LoulouChed,
We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Ibis Edinburgh. Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Dällikon
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've stayed in a lot of IBIS hotels and I have always enjoyed my stay (see my reviews for Sion and Heidelberg), but this one was horrible. Disgusting. The rooms were filthy, the bed stank and there was more foreign hair in the shower, bed and rug than I care to remember, not all of it long and straight if you know what I mean.

We stayed over New Year 2012 and they ran out of towels due what they said was a delivery issue. This would have been ok, but that day we had piled up our used towels on the bathroom floor, which resulted in towels literally stained black (imagine how dirty that floor was). The thing that angered us the most was that they simply hung the towels up again with no note informing us, so I almost dried my face in the black greasy dirty stained towel before I realised the towel was filthy. Gross!

I still give them two stars though because the staff was excellent. They appeared to be understaffed (obvious cost savings), but they remained very helpful hard working and friendly. I felt very sorry for them and that is not the feeling I can imagine a hotel would like to instil in their guests.

We planned on a seven night stay but after four nights we moved to another hotel (Radisson Blue, which was excellent!!). We could not stand it anymore. We found out later that friends had received a 50 pound room cost reduction (they also left after four days) because they complained. I guess the squeaky wheel really does get the oil. We will definitely not be back.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.