Considering some of the soft reviews I had read, I was a little anxious about coming to this great old hotel. What an ideal location, right next to Carton Hill and a lovely walk up the hill and easy access down the hill to Hollyrood Palace. From their we walked back up the Royal Mile and then turned back towards the hotel on South and North Bridge Street. Such an easy and entertaining walk for the day! We were so unepectedly upgraded to room 8, the huge suite with 2 twin beds side by side just as a king bed. Room included a large 10 seat dinning room table, chandalier, two large leather sofas, fireplace and five huge windows facing three different directions! Yes we had to climb up some stairs which prepared us for hilly Edinburgh anyway. It is exactly 50 steps, from the ground level lobby to the 2nd level room 8. It was a chore lugging up our two suitcases, but the room, the price, and the comfort were well worth it. I suppose the hotel was full and the fact that we booked for six nights was partly why they gave us the biggest suite in the hotel that we were aware of. The hotel is right next door to Waterloo street, where all the tour buses pick people up. We booked on two tours by Heart of Scotland tours and had only a 100 meter walk to the pick up point. The hotel breakfast room is adequate and busy and reasonable quality but lacks variety for a 6 day stay. Just around the corner on Waterloo Street are two great places for the morning coffees. Pep and Fodder has wonderful coffee, croissants, freshly made sandwiches, carrot cake...and other amazing things. Kevin was so gracious and welcoming to us there as well as the sweet blonde lady he worked with. Just down a few doors is an Italian place that has terrific breakfast...eggs, sausage, toast etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Georgian town house in city center; guest rooms have been tastefully furnished in keeping with the character of the building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Parliament House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parliament Hotel Edinburgh
- Parliament House Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland