“High standards at a very good price”

Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel
Ranked #22 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed January 24, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
garryfield, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Reviewed January 21, 2014

A simply stunning find right in the heart of the City. Great service, super food and a really wonderful room, all for £58! What more could you ask for? Breakfast and Dinner were both excellent and great value for money too.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
garryfield, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Derek R. Thank you for your review following your recent visit. I am pleased you received great service, super food and a wonderful room. Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN PLUS Bruntsfield Hotel.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Almost reluctant to offer this review - tempted to keep this experience to ourselves! We booked a last minute Friday night reservation directly with the hotel website and were delighted with the value it represented. A superior room, clean and comfortable with king size bed as well as single bed in adjoining (open archway) space; huge bath and separate shower; view over the links. Very good breakfast, free newspaper of choice, free parking. All for £73 - can't complain at that! We'll be back.....

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear sunloverLanark. Many thanks for your review following your recent visit. I am pleased you found your stay good value and look forward to welcoming you back later in the year.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was in Edinburgh for 2 days during the week of 11 January and stayed at the BW Plus. The location was a good walk to the popular destinations but is not a big deal. Additionally, the hotel is located close to Three Birds and Montpeliers, both excellent dining choices. I took a train in from St. Andrews and departed at the Haymarket Station. Because the weather was nice, I simply walked from the station and the trip was only about 15 minutes on foot. Location is good as long as you are okay to walk.

Additionally, the staff was very friendly and had my room well before the check in time. The breakfast and bar are also nice and located within the hotel.

Overall, a delightful stay in a wonderful city.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear David M Many thanks for your review following your recent visit. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the staff friendly. As you state we are not far from Haymarket station and Bruntsfield area has some lovely artisan shops.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I am a bit afraid to leave my comments just in case next time I want to visit they are fully booked!!! I regularly stay in Edinburgh and recently I have stayed at the Sheraton. My last 2 stays at the Sheraton were disappointing so I thought I would try somewhere else. The Brunstfield is lovely, very clean, good food and excellent staff. Cannot recommend this hotel enough - but please don't make it fully booked when I want to visit next.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Jax s. Many thanks for your review following your last visit. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the room and staff excellent. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

The hotel is in a good location ,step out of the hotel and a 150 yards down the hill and you can get a bus to princes street and you can start to explore from there. The hotel lives up to it's name "BEST WESTERN" .Nice bed good shower and the breakfast was excellent .The staff were very helpful and could give us directions and tell us how to get to get their.I will be back again

Room Tip: staff very helpfull
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Alex 2397.
Thank you for your review following your recent visit. I am pleased you thought the bed, shower and breakfast was excellent. I look forward to welcoming you back at a later date.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stay here for Hogmanay 2013. The location is just outside city center. Five min cab ride, or about a 15-20 min walk. There is a restaurant attached to the facility, I didnt eat there, so i can't comment on the food. I walked into the room and was blown away at how big it actually was! There was a nice comfy chair near the window, and a desk with plenty of work space, if needed. The bathroom was a pretty decent size as well. The staff were extremely friendly. Several food places are nearby, so whatever you fancy, I'm sure there is something for you. I had a bit of an issue with the cleanliness of my sheets upon my arrival (I always pull the covers back first thing) I went to reception and spoke with the LOVELY Chris working the desk. IMMEDIATELY he started working to get my sheets changed. I literally stepped off the elevator and had the manager, Gary, waiting at my door to observe my complaint. It was handled within a matter of minutes. (10, I counted lol) Everyone was extremely apologetic, I think they made a bigger deal out of it than I did. I left during the day for a short spell and left the DND sign on, the housekeeping staff left me loads of towels, toiletries, etc, in a bag on the door!!! In all of my hotel stays, never had that happen! LOVE LOVE LOVE the staff and service, I would DEF stay again, and recommend folks staying!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
garryfield, General Manager at Best Western Plus Edinburgh City Centre Bruntsfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Ryan F Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Edinburgh. I am pleased you enjoyed your hogmany visit and your problem was sorted out quickly. Best wishes for 2014