Good hotel in a quiet location within a short walk (about 5 minutes) from the royal mile. Stayed there for a weekend break with my family (children 9 and 12 years). The children enjoyed the swimming pool. Great breakfast although dining room was busy at times. Just across the road from Dynamic earth which everyone enjoyed. Also try the deep sea world at queensbury (about 30 minute drive away). Family rooms were fine although ask for a corner suite facing Dynamic earth centre. The only criticism is having to pay an extra £15 fee per night for parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Edinburgh's old town, adjacent to the Scottish Parliament, Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is one of the city's leading hotels which has recently completed a £2.5million investment. Whatever your reason for staying, visiting on business or visiting the fascinating city of Edinburgh, you'll find our bedrooms are some of the most comfortable in town, our Vital Health Club is ideal to unwind in and our brand new Roccas restaurant is stylish and sophisticated, serving the best quality Scottish home comforts with an Italian twist. A meal, afternoon tea or champagne at the bar is certainly not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Macdonald Holyrood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Holyrood Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Holyrood
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland