I had to stay in this hotel whilst I was in Edinburgh for work. It was during the Fringe and was the only thing available.
Don't get me wrong, the hotel is your standard 4 star classically decorated affair. Rooms are decent size, bed was fine and there was a flat screen with freeview (although it was hit and miss as to whether the channels would work!)
What got me was that they charge £10 a day for wifi in the room! I can understand the charge for cheap hotels, but this place charges over £100 a night normally.
In this day and age, free and fast wifi should be mandatory in any non budget hotel; my choice depends on the this.
I go to Edinburgh quite often for work, but I'll be sticking to the Apex where I can view my SkyGo without charges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Edinburgh's old town, adjacent to the Scottish Parliament, Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is one of the city's leading hotels which has recently completed a £2.5million investment. Whatever your reason for staying, visiting on business or visiting the fascinating city of Edinburgh, you'll find our bedrooms are some of the most comfortable in town, our Vital Health Club is ideal to unwind in and our brand new Roccas restaurant is stylish and sophisticated, serving the best quality Scottish home comforts with an Italian twist. A meal, afternoon tea or champagne at the bar is certainly not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Macdonald Holyrood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Holyrood Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Holyrood
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland