My mother and I recently stayed at this hotel on a Bed & Breakfast basis for her birthday. We had a lovely room (room 600) which had a small balcony with terrific views of Arthurs Seat, was very spacious, beds comfortable and bathroom well equipped. The room was hot, however the hotel had provided us with a fan which we found very useful! The room also came with bathrobes and slippers, a chilled bottle of water, tea/coffee making facilities, mini fridge, flatscreen TV, comfy chairs...everything you could want or need!
We decided to have dinner in the hotel also which exceeded our expectations. The service was perfect and the food was delicious and very reasonable deal of 3 courses for £25 (the cheesecake was WOW...and the wine added extra enjoyment to the evening haha)
What makes this hotel extra special is their passion for customer service. From the managers, to the front desk to the dinning staff, every one was polite, helpful and professional with nothing being a problem...we felt very well looked after (exactly what we wanted for a special treat).
The breakfast again was very good, with a great choice of continental foods such as granola, fruit, cheese, delicious pastries etc! We also had the full traditional Scottish cooked breakfast which we would highly recommend, it was fresh and excellent value for money!
Overall we would not think twice about recommending this hotel, it ticked all of our boxes (and as people who travel ALOT, this is quite rare!)...we are already looking at booking our next visit!
A big thank you to all the staff and management for making our stay pleasurable. We look forward to seeing you again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Edinburgh's old town, adjacent to the Scottish Parliament, Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is one of the city's leading hotels which has recently completed a £2.5million investment. Whatever your reason for staying, visiting on business or visiting the fascinating city of Edinburgh, you'll find our bedrooms are some of the most comfortable in town, our Vital Health Club is ideal to unwind in and our brand new Roccas restaurant is stylish and sophisticated, serving the best quality Scottish home comforts with an Italian twist. A meal, afternoon tea or champagne at the bar is certainly not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Holyrood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Holyrood Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Holyrood
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland