I booked this hotel for one night for my girlfriends birthday. We arrived before the scheduled check in time and were shown straight to our room. The room was cosy and stylish with more than enough room for 2 untidy people. The free additional gym, steam room, sauna and swimming pool are a sweet touch. The breakfast was second to none, 5 minute casual walk from the train station, the only downside of the entire experience was a slightly wonky lampshade!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Edinburgh's old town, adjacent to the Scottish Parliament, Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is one of the city's leading hotels which has recently completed a £2.5million investment. Whatever your reason for staying, visiting on business or visiting the fascinating city of Edinburgh, you'll find our bedrooms are some of the most comfortable in town, our Vital Health Club is ideal to unwind in and our brand new Roccas restaurant is stylish and sophisticated, serving the best quality Scottish home comforts with an Italian twist. A meal, afternoon tea or champagne at the bar is certainly not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Holyrood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Holyrood Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Holyrood
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland