The reception area is pleasant and I found the staff both on reception and throughout the hotel very friendly and helpful. The room was big and comfortable and the bathroom of a decent size. Breakfast good and certainly above the standard of the vast majority of hotels.
The conference facilities were very good with light airy rooms and well appointed, The one that we used had a balcony which was very welcome on a warm sunny day.
An all round enjotyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Edinburgh's old town, adjacent to the Scottish Parliament, Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is one of the city's leading hotels which has recently completed a £2.5million investment. Whatever your reason for staying, visiting on business or visiting the fascinating city of Edinburgh, you'll find our bedrooms are some of the most comfortable in town, our Vital Health Club is ideal to unwind in and our brand new Roccas restaurant is stylish and sophisticated, serving the best quality Scottish home comforts with an Italian twist. A meal, afternoon tea or champagne at the bar is certainly not to be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Holyrood Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Holyrood Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Holyrood
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland