Channings Hotel
$100
$94
$565
1,332 results
All reviewscity centrea quiet residential arearoll top bathlovely hotelminute walkprinces streetsuperior roomhuge bathroomstreet parkingfull scottish breakfastwest endtop floorbreakfast was deliciousfirst morningbreakfast roomlovely roomhaggis
A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed January 1, 2006

We stayed here on a cold December night and had a very warm welcome at Channings. Room was well decorated, large bathroom, comfortable bed. Breakfast was good and staff very friendly. The hotel's a little way from the town centre but a taxi back at night was less than £5.

• Stayed: December 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 19, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Channings Hotel for 3 nights for our wedding anniversary and had a fabulous stay.
The minute we arrived we were greeted by extremely friendly staff with a warm reception.
Our suite had been recently refurbished and was gorgeous and very clean.
I would highly recommend Channings Hotel to all and will definitely stay there again on my next visit to the wonderful city of Edinburgh.

• Stayed: November 2005
2  Thank naturesgirl1
Reviewed December 6, 2005

Stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of December and loved the place.

The hotel and rooms were lovely and clean. The food at breakfast was also excellent. The staff were very friendly and even spent 10 minutes talking to us when we checked in about the sites of Edinburgh and where to go to eat and drink.

Overall I could not find anything wrong with the place and would love to go back.

• Stayed: December 2005
3  Thank Fred070
Reviewed November 22, 2005

My wife and I spent the night at Channings for a special treat and just loved it. Staff all very friendly, room excellent with all the luxuries we expected and the food was to die for. My wife has just recovered from surgery so the walk into town was a bit much for her, so we wouldnt reccomend it for the less mobile guest but other than that just wonderful. We will most certainly be back.

• Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank Dave5555
A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed November 12, 2005

Recently, my wife and I had the pleasure of staying at The Channings Hotel. It was our first trip to Edinburgh and having read some previous bad reports we were both a little apprehensive but we were not to be disappointed. We were met at the door and greeted warmly by a very efficient bellboy, and also by a very pleasant young lady behind the reception desk. Both were present throughout the majority of our stay and really did enhance our stay.

The hotel lobby was reasonably spacious with the most fantastic leather couches and a roaring fire. The perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine as we found out later in the evening! Our room was a little smaller than we had expected but very functional and the bed was by far and away the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in.

On this occasion we did not eat a main evening meal as we were going to the theatre but did have a bar snack before leaving, which was excellent. The fresh soup and salads make a fine change from the burger and chips the average bar sells.

All in all, a great hotel with wonderful staff. Our only issue was parking but the duty manager was happy to take my keys and park up when a space became available. We thoroughly recommend it

• Stayed: September 2005