One of the advantages of being self employed is that you can take time off midweek to begin your Christmas Shopping to avoid the midweek rush. Edinburgh is the perfect destination for this and the Old Waverly Hotel has got to be one of the best sitauted hotels, apart from the imposing Balmoral, to do this.
We crossed the road from the station and we were right there. The entrance actually looked really dodgy and we were a bit worried as we went in but the actual hotel itself is very nice inside. The staff were really friendly and could not do enough for us and the room was really nice and large enough for a big family, but it would have been nice to have a room with a view over the castle, but these were all taken. Did not try the food at night although the restaurant looked really nice, but did have breakfast where it was absolutely mobbed. Have never tries Haggis for breakfast before but it was nice, a bit like black pudding.
All in all, I would say the hotel is good value for money, spotlessly clean with really nice staff. I would say that you should try and get a room with a view, we will do this as she wants to go back for the Festival in 2009.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernized hotel in building dating from 1848; overlooking Princes Gardens and the Scott Monument; with views of Edinburgh Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Old Waverley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Waverley Hotel
- Old Waverley Edinburgh
- Waverley Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hotel Waverley
- Edinburgh Hotel Old Waverly
- The Old Waverley Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland