A party of 6 of us stayed here for the recent Rugby weekend. The general consensus is that the hotel is 'worn and tired'.
Yes it has got lovely views and very pleasant, helpful staff etc .
Unless you pay extra for large-bedded rooms, the other rooms are very small. We all had double beds(not kingsize!) and found them to be very small and prevented us from getting good nights sleep. The rooms we had, had very little space in them and felt very claustrophobic
The public areas need new carpets and a general 'spruce up' .
All in all , did the job but would think twice about staying here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernized hotel in building dating from 1848; overlooking Princes Gardens and the Scott Monument; with views of Edinburgh Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Old Waverley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Waverley Hotel
- Old Waverley Edinburgh
- Waverley Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hotel Waverley
- Edinburgh Hotel Old Waverly
- The Old Waverley Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland