A characterful older type hotel on Princes Street in the heart of Edinburgh The hotel is located opposite the Scot Memorial with views over Waverley Gardens and of course Edinburgh Castle.
The hotel itself is pleasant and the rooms first class.
I stayed there for two nights and found it very pleasant. The staff are pleasant and helpful and the location cant be bettered. Anyone travelling by train the railway station is a five minute leisurely walk away. By car and there are excellent short and long stay car parks within a ten minute walking distance.
My room was very pleasant and tasteful and overlooked the Scot Memorial, see pictures below
Overall excellent, good value for money and a thoroughly pleasant stay. The game pie from room service at £4 is highly recommended. Breakfasts are ok but a bit expensive at 11.50 a throw, I went around the corner and had a equally pleasant breakfast at £5. However if its raining or unpleasant weather eat in the hotel. Summer time eat anywhere you want. Keyhloes steak house on Rutland Street about fifteen minute walk away is brilliant
Edinburgh castle looks very nice at night illuminated
I hope to see Edinburgh again in the summer and it is highly likely I will stay at The Old Waverley
Right criticisms which are minor, yes the doors are a little heavy in the entrance and the lift is the smallest I have ever been in but overall these do not detract from the appeal of this hotel and as for the people who cant carry their luggage up the stairs due to idleness there is a bell use it !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modernized hotel in building dating from 1848; overlooking Princes Gardens and the Scott Monument; with views of Edinburgh Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Old Waverley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Waverley Hotel
- Old Waverley Edinburgh
- Waverley Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hotel Waverley
- Edinburgh Hotel Old Waverly
- The Old Waverley Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland