I booked a single room with some trepidation having read reviews on here, then rang the hotel who absolutely reassured me that there was no reason to worry.
On arrival I was given a double, a nice large room. now I can understand why some people will find fault...the decor is dark and gothic. But I have to stay in so many Travelodge/Premier Inn type hotels that I love it when a hotel tries to be different.
I loved the decor.
The bathroom was spotlessly clean too. Yes the water was lukewarm for a shower but it was bearable.
The continental breakfast in the morning was beautiful, a great selection.
For the money, location and service this hotel is hard to beat, certainly for Edinburgh anyway. I will definately be booking again when I'm next in Edinburgh, which will be soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the The Ballantrae Albany Hotel a wonderful Grade A listed Georgian town house building and one of Edinburgh's best boutique hotel's. The Hotel is located in the heart of the lively city of Edinburgh, just a short walk from the best attractions of the city. The hotel has a total of 42 en-suite rooms all fitted with modern amenities to meet your needs including Satellite TV and tea/coffee making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ballantrae Albany Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballantrae Albany Edinburgh
- Hotel Ballantrae Albany
- Albany Hotel Edinburgh
- Ballantrae Albany Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland