Me and my boyfriend visited Edinburgh for a weekend break. Upon arrival we were very sceptical about the hotel due to some of the bad reviews. However we were very pleased!
The hotel is a very large with several staircases and corridors to walk through to get to your room with added interior decoration. The room was very large, staff friendly and a 5 minute walk from St James' shopping mall which you can walk straight through to get to princes street. Breakfast was enough to fill you up and the staff bring you any hot drinks or toast you require.
Check out was 11am however our train was only at 8pm but the staff allow you to leave any luggage for the whole day with no extra fee.
Our only concern was the hot water tap did not work for the bath however this was not too much of a problem.
Edinburgh is a great city and the hotel has added to the enjoyable experience of the break!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the The Ballantrae Albany Hotel a wonderful Grade A listed Georgian town house building and one of Edinburgh's best boutique hotel's. The Hotel is located in the heart of the lively city of Edinburgh, just a short walk from the best attractions of the city. The hotel has a total of 42 en-suite rooms all fitted with modern amenities to meet your needs including Satellite TV and tea/coffee making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ballantrae Albany Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballantrae Albany Edinburgh
- Hotel Ballantrae Albany
- Albany Hotel Edinburgh
- Ballantrae Albany Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland