Reading through these reviews tonight i wish we had searched trip advisor before our stay. We were a party of 15 staying two nights. Those with rooms at the front of the hotel hardly slept a wink due to the traffic noise outside. The rooms were dusty & dirty. Two of the rooms had patches to the ceilings due to water ingress which had been repaired but not redecorated. The bathrooms were mouldy and needed a good scrub. Our evening meal on the second night was dire . Meal took over 3 hours in total due to repeated unsuccessful attempts at getting hot, edible food. There is no duty manager within the hotel for complaints so we had to wait till the following morning. Our complaints then were met with rudeness and bad language. Great location, lovely staff on site, dreadful food & dirty rooms. We won`t be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the The Ballantrae Albany Hotel a wonderful Grade A listed Georgian town house building and one of Edinburgh's best boutique hotel's. The Hotel is located in the heart of the lively city of Edinburgh, just a short walk from the best attractions of the city. The hotel has a total of 42 en-suite rooms all fitted with modern amenities to meet your needs including Satellite TV and tea/coffee making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Ballantrae Albany Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballantrae Albany Edinburgh
- Hotel Ballantrae Albany
- Albany Hotel Edinburgh
- Ballantrae Albany Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland