Booked the hotel for our annual visit to the Tattoo, Previous stays have been at Radisson or similar but the price hike due to festival got too much (£240 night) The Royal Scots club charged £130 a night and offered a much better experience. We were a little worried about the formality reading some of the other reviews but found the "rules" totally relaxed , people in the breakfast room in jeans and sweatshirts, enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere of the library and reading room where you could sit and read through a good selection of current magazines and daily newspapers. Our room was at the back of the hotel and very quiet, not an overlarge room but with the comfortable surrounding you only used it to sleep so not a problem, bathroom and toiletries supplied very good. Front desk staff very helpful checking tours on the internet and ringing bus companies on our behalf. Have provisionally booked for next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of Edinburgh's finest Georgian streets this is a rare combination, the charm of a country house hotel with a cosy club atmosphere. Founded in 1919 as a tribute to those who fell in The Great War The Royal Scots Club is proud of its heritage. Courtesy, personal service and warm hospitality are at the very heart of the Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Royal Scots Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Scots Club Hotel Edinburgh
- The Royal Scots Hotel
- Royal Scots Hotel
- The Royal Scots Club Edinburgh, Scotland