Time takes its toll. The building is so nested, that you need some time to understand, where you are. What you immediately notice is that they don't save wax which is used on the floor. It really smells pretty strongly. The room we had (17) was not very spacious, but sufficiently. I would not call it Executive room though.
Breakfast is excellent, and service is perfect as you would expect in an armed forces club. Everything is clean, but being sold as a 3 to 4 star hotel, I would say it is more on the lower than the higher side. Extraordinary is the situation at Abercrombie place, of course.
Food at the members dinner room is very good and pricewise very interesting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of Edinburgh's finest Georgian streets this is a rare combination, the charm of a country house hotel with a cosy club atmosphere. Founded in 1919 as a tribute to those who fell in The Great War The Royal Scots Club is proud of its heritage. Courtesy, personal service and warm hospitality are at the very heart of the Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Royal Scots Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Scots Club Hotel Edinburgh
- The Royal Scots Hotel
- Royal Scots Hotel
- The Royal Scots Club Edinburgh, Scotland