We have just returned from a 2-day break to Edinburgh staying at The Royal Scots Club. Given this was our first trip to Edinburgh the ease with which we found Abercromby Place (from Waverley Railway Station) bode well. For us, the location just off the main "hub area" was ideal, a gentle stroll each day, perfect!
The Royal Scots Club itself, is very well appointed, with a "hotel feel upon arrival" The history of the regiment a bonus to a military buff.
Breakfast was important, given the amount of sightseeing we do and this aspect certainly did not disappoint. A full Scottish breakfast just the thing but there were adequate alternative options for those of a lighter breakfast variety (fresh orange juice a delight)
The Room, was much larger than I expected but given this beautiful Georgian building should not have been a surprise. We stayed in Room 25, which was on the basement level (slightly lower than street level), beautifully appointed bathroom & toilet, larger than average size television, tea & coffee making facilities, shortbreasd biscuits & highland water.
So here is the but...
The wheelie bins are just outside this room, so you get the bottles being deposited on a night, the dustbins being emptied on a morning and the staff coming on a morning down the metal staircase..so noise was an issue I'm afraid, but nothing that stopped our enjoyment of this superbreak, a watch word for those to follow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of Edinburgh's finest Georgian streets this is a rare combination, the charm of a country house hotel with a cosy club atmosphere. Founded in 1919 as a tribute to those who fell in The Great War The Royal Scots Club is proud of its heritage. Courtesy, personal service and warm hospitality are at the very heart of the Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Scots Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Scots Club Hotel Edinburgh
- The Royal Scots Hotel
- Royal Scots Hotel
- The Royal Scots Club Edinburgh, Scotland