We decided to stay here on our Scottish trip as we are members of another club that offers reciprocal membership with the Royal Scots Club. It is also open to non-club members It is located just several blocks from midtown and Waverly Station in New Town. There are a number of nice restaurants within easy walking distance. When we first arrived, we took a cab because it was dark and we didn't know exactly how far the club was and didn't want to lug our own bags.
The club itself is comfortable but still is in early-mid 20th century men's club style with heavy furniture and dark colors. The Georgian building is showing some age around the edges but they have recently installed a modern elevator.
Pros: 1 Location easy access to bus/train terminals, yet on a quite street across from park
1. Slightly tired furnishing/atmoshere
Would we stay here again? Probably would although I would bring a coat and tie so that I could enjoy the reciprocal club privileges . I would also have to check out prices of nearby standard hotels to determine if it is a good deal or not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of Edinburgh's finest Georgian streets this is a rare combination, the charm of a country house hotel with a cosy club atmosphere. Founded in 1919 as a tribute to those who fell in The Great War The Royal Scots Club is proud of its heritage. Courtesy, personal service and warm hospitality are at the very heart of the Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Royal Scots Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Scots Club Hotel Edinburgh
- The Royal Scots Hotel
- Royal Scots Hotel
- The Royal Scots Club Edinburgh, Scotland