In a world of endless brown throws, chrome door handles and turquoise accents, stands this beacon of quiet, understated civilisation. Large elegant rooms with traditional brown wood furniture, firm beds, a choice of easy chairs and heavy, swagged curtains. Thick carpets muffle sounds and lend a wonderful calm. Not that they scrimp on the mod-cons, slippers, robes, toiletries, iron and trouser press. For the first time in a while I didn't have to scrabble about on my hands and knees to find a socket under a desk to plug the kettle into. Someone has clearly thought about the important details. Friendly helpful staff and a great breakfast and all in a wonderful clubby atmosphere, just a few minutes walk from the very centre of Edinburgh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of Edinburgh's finest Georgian streets this is a rare combination, the charm of a country house hotel with a cosy club atmosphere. Founded in 1919 as a tribute to those who fell in The Great War The Royal Scots Club is proud of its heritage. Courtesy, personal service and warm hospitality are at the very heart of the Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Scots Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Scots Club Hotel Edinburgh
- The Royal Scots Hotel
- Royal Scots Hotel
- The Royal Scots Club Edinburgh, Scotland