This hotel is well located and fairly priced for a major city centre location. The public rooms are comfortable and the staff are particularly helpful. The bedrooms - or at least the one I used - was starting to look a bit dated, with slightly tired looking furniture. However, the bed was very comfortable indeed, and the bathroom was well equipped.
Parking, as in most of the centre of Edinburgh, is a bit of a problem, so ask for advice or take the train.
One issue - whilst checking the location of the fire exits (necessary as the hotel can be a bit of a maze) it was almost impossible to find a direct route back to the bedroom!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of Edinburgh's finest Georgian streets this is a rare combination, the charm of a country house hotel with a cosy club atmosphere. Founded in 1919 as a tribute to those who fell in The Great War The Royal Scots Club is proud of its heritage. Courtesy, personal service and warm hospitality are at the very heart of the Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Scots Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Scots Club Hotel Edinburgh
- The Royal Scots Hotel
- Royal Scots Hotel
- The Royal Scots Club Edinburgh, Scotland