Group of 7 couples stayed at the Royal Scots in June of 2012. Some of our group got very nice accommodations, but a few us had rooms in the basement. Our room was a long narrow room, with a bathroom that was so small you could barely shut the door if you were in it. It had one window looking out at a below ground dirty area. The couple beside us said their windows were near garbage cans, very noisy when they were trying to sleep. The gal at the front desk was unfriendly and didn't care if we were unhappy with our room. I would rate the hotel as unfriendly. It definitely put a damper on my trip to Scotland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of Edinburgh's finest Georgian streets this is a rare combination, the charm of a country house hotel with a cosy club atmosphere. Founded in 1919 as a tribute to those who fell in The Great War The Royal Scots Club is proud of its heritage. Courtesy, personal service and warm hospitality are at the very heart of the Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Scots Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Scots Club Hotel Edinburgh
- The Royal Scots Hotel
- Royal Scots Hotel
- The Royal Scots Club Edinburgh, Scotland