I have read other reviews on the hotel and genuinely can't believe they mean the same place. I can honestly say I have no complaints whatsoever. I thought the room was very nice, the hotel was quirky and interesting to wander around and most of all, and probably the biggest positive I can say are that the staff are amazing and lovely people. Me and my Dad were greeted by two of the funniest, nicest members of reception staff who we actually rather enjoyed talking to and joking with over going to our room and settling in. They offered us upgrades without us even asking and were a pleasure to talk to!
I have seen complaints about the basement rooms and there being multiple doors etc. There are doors leading to doors leading to rooms etc but I didn't see this as a negative at all, I found it rather interesting and quirky, as aforementioned. I like something a bit different and interesting and this hotel definitely provided that! There are signs that make it navigable, so you're not aimlessly running through doors like it may seem from other reviews.
No complaints, a brilliant hotel in my books. I'd certainly recommend. Five stars!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of Edinburgh's finest Georgian streets this is a rare combination, the charm of a country house hotel with a cosy club atmosphere. Founded in 1919 as a tribute to those who fell in The Great War The Royal Scots Club is proud of its heritage. Courtesy, personal service and warm hospitality are at the very heart of the Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Scots Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Scots Club Hotel Edinburgh
- The Royal Scots Hotel
- Royal Scots Hotel
- The Royal Scots Club Edinburgh, Scotland