Spent 3 nights at the Royal Scots Club with my mum in a twin room. Initial impressions were excellent as the entrance etc was clearly very historic and interesting. Reception staff were very friendly. Our room was on the top floor and to the rear of the hotel. the view was right out to the Firth of Forth over the roof tops, but below was back yards of other properties. Our room was spacious enough and the beds very comfortable (only downside was the sheets and blankets and no duvets) ,pillows were really plump though!
The room was kitted with everything that you would need. The TV wasn't working properly (one channel and no remote), but we were told that the hotel is undergoing TV upgrades.
Breakfast was great - very good variety from choice of cereal to all types of hot breakfast dishes all served in/on full china dinner service. Breakfast is served in the members dining room and is quiet a grand affair but a little reserved and quiet for our liking (could of done with some quiet background music) Didn't have chance to sample any other meals at the hotel - too busy out and about in Edinburgh. Location of the hotel was in the new town and just a few minutes walk up a slight incline to Queens Street/George Street, which runs parrell with the street that the hotel is on
Overall, the hotel was very traditional and oldy worldy and slightly reserved, but we would definately stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of Edinburgh's finest Georgian streets this is a rare combination, the charm of a country house hotel with a cosy club atmosphere. Founded in 1919 as a tribute to those who fell in The Great War The Royal Scots Club is proud of its heritage. Courtesy, personal service and warm hospitality are at the very heart of the Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Scots Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Scots Club Hotel Edinburgh
- The Royal Scots Hotel
- Royal Scots Hotel
- The Royal Scots Club Edinburgh, Scotland