“Wonderful homely guest house”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
MacIntosh Guest House
Ranked #293 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Joanne is very kind and nice landlady, my girl and me were early without notify Joanne first, but she still welcome us check in early. The room was clean and smell very lovely throughout, as Joanne spoken Mandarin so as I and that was very special.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I booked for one night to attend a rugby match and drove into Downie Grove not sure where the place was. I phoned and spoke to Joanne who not only guided me but came out to meet me. After showing me to my room, she then offered to run me down to Murrayfield in her car as I was running a little late! Thank you just did not go far enough.
Breakfast was a treat, sitting at a table in the bay window watching the Edinburgh traffic build up.
This guest house looks nothing special, but unlike others that look nothing special the welcome and accommodation and food were an absolute joy.
Thank yo uso very much Joanne - wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Joanne is very nice, her breakfast tastes good and provide variety food , mushroom taste really different from the traditional one , we booked double room with 2 nights for 3 people, the room has 3 beds , one is double and the other two is single , its really fit for big family , the room is clean and comfortable even it is not luxury but it makes you feel pace and happy and the bathroom in the room is big and clean and has a special roof , and the house just locate beside the Edinburgh zoo and walk for one minute u can reach the bus stop that is really convenient.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The B and B is located opposite the zoo in a suburban area with street parking nearby. Use the bus to see the sights in the city center. Rooms were spotless and quiet, must be able to climb stairs, dining room is very nice.
Chinese run.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 42golf56_9
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

The service at this guesthouse is very good and includes a cooked breakfast of your liking. The rooms are well equipped including tea and coffee facilities and the location is ideal if you have a car. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My son & I stayed here for two nights whilst we visited the Edinburgh Festival. Just 15 mins on a bus into Edinburgh centre with buses every couple of minutes. The welcome and room were lovely. The room was very clean with all the necessary facilities (kettle, large tv etc). Breakfast was well organised & very tasty.
Would definately stay here in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family