“I am not sure really”

Ranked #161 of 217 Specialty Lodging in Edinburgh
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I am not sure if that was a good deal or not. Me and my partner we usually prefer budget hotels in the weekend escapes which is why we chose this hotel. We chose a room with window and when we entered the room half of the room was covered with window with a beautiful view. Ofcourse when we first go in the room was very cold and we turned the tiny heater on. But because the windows are so old we could see the cold breeze coming in the room. We ended up not being able to sleep all night simply because the tiny room could not warm up. We couldnt even take shower as the room was absolutely freezing! Next morning we asked for a solution and they gave us this portable heater which was a little bit better but because the room is so small there was hardly a place to pass to the toilet when we placed the heater. To be honest even if it was a budget hotel we expected to have at least a warm room which is a basic thing to provide! Next time we go to Edinburgh we will definitely go for another hotel as there are many other budget hotels with good locations. It was not a perfect experience really. I would not recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Fififi2011
easyHotel_Edinburgh, Manager at easyHotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your stay at EasyHotel Edinburgh. I apologise if your stay was not as comfortable as you had hoped.

I am very pleased you enjoyed the view from your room. However, we are sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your room due to the cold. As with many other hotels in Edinburgh, we are situated in a historical building and are therefore unable to fit double glazing in certain rooms. However, we do offer additional heaters and standard rooms with a single window which may have been more appropriate to your needs.

Comments like yours are important to us as they help us to highlight areas for improvement.
Thank you once more for your time and feedback.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

If we were two of Snow whites seven dwarfs this Hotel might have bee okay.

These rooms are no bigger than the average family bathroom, it shouldnt be allowed

Myself and wife had to take turns in getting ready it was that small, I had to stand out in the hall while she got ready.

We spent as little time in that poki room as possible !

If I was paying £30 I could understand it but not for £70 which we paid.

EasyHotel refused to compensate our stay and said we should have taken more notice of the small print, ( not easy when your booking from your phone !).

Never again will we stay in a EasyHotel !!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in this hotel !!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlie1234poops

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay.
I am sorry to hear that you found the room to be small for two people. The room sizes are detailed on our website so that guests know what to expect when they arrive.

With regards to the room price, our prices may be higher than usual during busy periods. However, our rates remain competitive and most of our guests’ reviews suggest they find our hotel to offer good value for money. For the cheapest rates we advise our customers to book in advance.

With many thanks once more for your time and feedback.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Me and my friend stayed at this hotel for 4 days at the beginning of December. The location of the hotel is amazing although the room is very small. The room is small but ok to put up with although we found our selves doing anything just so we didn't spend time in the hotel room. The bathroom was the main problem, it was just so small you couldn't use the facilities very well. Once someone had a shower the whole bathroom floor was wet and if you needed the toilet you would have to use shoes. I also found it slightly cheeky that if you wanted to use the tv you had to pay for the remote and also if you wanted a clean towel you had to pay for that as well. If you are looking for a central hotel go for this hotel but don't expect to spend long in the room without going crazy!!

Room Tip: Pick a room with a window, the rooms without are so depressing!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jordan_b92

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay at easyHotel Edinburgh.

I am pleased you found the location to your liking. As a budget hotel, and in order to keep our accommodation prices as low as possible, we give our guests the opportunity to decide whether they would like additional services as TV or the Internet. Additional towels are available from reception free of charge.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for an hour before we left again. Booked small room with window, ridiculous you have to pay extra for a window, there's budget then there's easyhotel. Was meant to stay for 3 nights but there is no way 2 adults could essentially live here for that length of time, the bed is boxed into the room so to get out I would have had to climb over my friend, one person would have to sit on the bed whilst the other used the mirror because there is no way 2 people could stand and use the little spare space there is that isn't occupied by the bed. So disappointed. I knew the room would be small, I know it's right on princes street, I wasn't expecting much, but this room was an absolute joke. Waste of money.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Megan H
easyHotel_Edinburgh, Manager at easyHotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I am disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay due to the size of the room.
I do appreciate that our Small Rooms could be a little compact but that helps us to keep the rates lower than rest of the hotels. As advertised on our website, we do offer bigger rooms and we let our guest to decide, which room and price is best suited for their needs.

I appreciate your comments and would like to take this opportunity to apologise if your stay was not as comfortable as you had hoped on this occasion.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

£24 for a double very close to the centre is a bargain by any measure.

No windows, no room to turn around, aeroplane toilet, but try finding a hotel for this price in any capital city.

Absolutely would use again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gh0sted

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I am pleased to know you are satisfied with your stay at our hotel. I am also happy to hear that our location was once again appreciated.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend over the Easter period. We had an influx of issues and I could not recommend enough the staff enough who went out of their way to assist us - without evening asking!

When we arrive we found that the hot water was not working that well and mentioned it to them. They immediately called the plumber to have it fixed while we were out. When we returned, we found that it was still not working in our room. We returned downstairs to tell the guy who worked there (I think he was either Spanish or Italian or some sort of Meditarrenean) He said the girl who did she shift before (I think she was Eastern European) had told him about our problem. He came upstairs to look at it and immediately called the plumber. He then put us in another room for the night.

The next day there were still some issues and I was told that we would be refunded for the first night because of the inconvenience. (I did not even have to ask for this which was impressive) It was resolved by that day and the staff gave us free wifi and free TV usage or the rest of the time we were there for the inconvenience caused. Best customer services and both this man and woman were exceptional in their helpful / care towards us. Actually better than a lot of 5 star places I have stayed in - we did not even have to complain or ask them!

Other stuff: the location could not be more perfect. Right nearby to every thing and on the main road. Easyhotel is very cheap but also very very clean (I have OCD and it is to my standard!)

Could not recommend this hotel enough. Even more than any other 5 star ones that are out there!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Price is ok off you book well in advance, however 2 weeks in advance we paid £140 for 2 nights 2 people for a standard room with window :(

The bed is very short, 6ft, and I am 6'3" even for my girlfriend who is 5'2" was a bit short, both waking up with cramp in the neck.

Room is noisy; ie overhead fan keeps you awake. There is not enough space for bags to stow away, could have done with a strong overhead self to store hand luggage (above the bed as there is no room for it anywhere else). Room size is 2m x 2.5m (including bathroom).

Bathroom is fine, small but you can do your business and a shower at the same time. Reminded me of the configuration of a small camper.

Hotel has the easy jet ethos. You want something extra, tv or Internet, you pay. Internet is £10 for 24 hrs.

Location is ace and staff is friendly.

If you don't mind a short bed and are slightly deaf plus you book well in advance, then it is an ok stay.

• Stayed: November 2013