$131
The Scotsman Hotel(Edinburgh)
$159
$150
  • Room Service
All reviewsstandard room with a windowrooms are smallplace to sleepwhat it says on the tinearly checkbed was comfortableplenty of hot waterprinces stcoffee machinestayed here for one nightcastle
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Rooms are the size of a shoe box, the door to the cubicle doesn't even fully open. Claimed city view but was to the industrial back streets. To use the TV you have to pay for the remote. Unclean, grey, depressing. Stay away from here!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Simple.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
easyHotel_Edinburgh, Manager at easyHotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you have had an unpleasant stay with us.

I do regret to hear that you were disappointed with the room type. Unfortunately only our Standard rooms look out on to the castle and the small rooms with window are located at the back which is what you would have seen from your window.

To make our accommodation prices as low as possible, we give our guests the opportunity to decide, whether they would like additional services (TV and Internet) or not. Thus these add-ons are payable extra.

We work very hard at our hotel to achieve the highest standard of housekeeping and I am sorry to hear that you found the room unclean. However our receptionist was not given a chance to resolve the issue for you as she was not informed about it.

Once again we are very sorry for your disappointment and thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was in a great location directly on Princes Street. You are literally in the heart of the city. It is a clean hotel and the staff were extremely helpful. On the downside, the rooms are....the smallest rooms I have ever seen in my life. They are the size of a closet. In fact, it is almost impossible for two people to stand in the room at the same time. Also no elevator, so be ready to walk up 3-4 flights of stairs with your luggage. I am not upset that I stayed here, but I don't know if I would be a repeat customer.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.
I am glad to hear that you found our hotel well located and clean and our staff extremely helpful, we aim to provide a great standard of customer service to our guests.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We used to live in Edinburgh and regularly visit the city to catch up with friends. We picked the EasyHotel due to price and location. It was easily the cheapest hotel available in such a prime location. We paid the extra for the larger room with a view. The view is fantastic. The room itself is basic but very clean. You get exactly what you pay for, a small room with a great view. The shower room is tiny but adequate. I would recommend this hotel for young people who are likely to be out all day and are not fussy about creature comforts. There are a lot of stairs so I would not suggest this hotel for people with mobility issues. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Definitely pay the extra for a window!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was my first visit to scotland and i chose easyHotels edinburgh. It turns out the hotel is located at the major street right at the city of edinburgh. We can easily found restaurant, tour meeting point, train station and market that helped us to save time during our busy 2days trip in scotland.
The room is exactly as described in the website. The bed was clean and comfortable. The staff is outstandingly accomodating us as tourist in town. She helped us to find great restaurant and warmly welcome us when we arrived at midnight for check-in.
I definitely would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
easyHotel_Edinburgh, Manager at easyHotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel.

Our hotel is located in the heart of Edinburgh and I am glad you found this convenient.

We also work very hard to provide the best level of customer service and I am thrilled to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel location is really good, on Princes Street, not far from Waverley Station (10 min walk). Visiting the city is easy, as all is reachable by walk.
The standard room is quite small (but this is well described on the website), but the view on the castle from the bed is priceless. Careful though with the windows, as there are no shutters, but very thin curtains.
Finally, last but not least, the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
easyHotel_Edinburgh, Manager at easyHotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I do really appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

It is great to hear you are satisfied with your stay at our hotel. I am glad and not surprised you found the castle view delightful. It is indeed! I am also happy to hear that our location was once again appreciated. Providing smaller rooms we are able to offer you accommodation in such a great location for a very competitive price.

Last but not least it is good to know that our receptionists provide fantastic service.