All reviews edinburgh airport an early flight stayed here shuttle service overnight stop continental breakfast next morning rental car reception staff good nights sleep great shower one night stay room was spotless would stay again comfy bed short stay booked this hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed June 6, 2019

I stayed for one night at Holiday Inn Express at Edinburgh Airport on 27th May. The staff were lovely - I arrived around dinner time and although there weren't any vegan options on the menu, the staff were happy to make accommodations for my meal. The room was clean and I slept fine.

I think my biggest issue with the experience, echoing some of the other reviews, was the attitude of the shuttle driver. He almost left the hotel without us when we were standing at the designated area (had to run up and tap on the door while the vehicle was moving!), I didn't know beforehand that it costed £2.50 so was a bit flustered, and I found communicating with him difficult. I don't think this is the responsibility of the hotel but need to mention so other people are aware anyway.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
HIxEdiAirportGM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Many thanks for choosing the HIE Edinburgh Airport again for your stay, your feedback is extremely valuable to us as we do continuously look to improve the guest experience and we do try our best to meet all requests and expectations so I will pass on your comments regarding the bus as we would expect this service to also be hassle free 24 hours a day. Again thank you for taking time to feedback to us and have a great day.

Reviewed June 6, 2019

Initially disappointed on arrival on 31 May 2019: tired, outdated decor, but pleasantly surprised by room which was large, bright, spotlessly clean, well equipped with huge bathroom and shower and comfortable bed. However in the morning young lady at desk was snooty, unhelpful and patronizing, so unfortunately instead of leaving feeling upbeat, I left feeling irritated. Maybe a bit of customer service training in order? (BTW I work in tourist industry too).

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Many thanks for choosing the HIE Edinburgh Airport for your stay, your feedback is extremely valuable to us as we do continuously look to improve the guest experience as we do try our best to meet all requests and expectations. It is disappointing what has happened the following morning and I hope this does not put you off for future visit and I will look into this personally.

Reviewed May 27, 2019

Stayed one night and took advantage of the Park, Stay & Go rate. We had noted the parking notices displayed on the windscreens of others parked in the car park but had to ask about this at check in. Wasn't asked to enter the car details in the online registration at reception either so was a bit unsure whether we'd come back to some sort of parking ticket.
The shuttle bus took us to the airport for £2.50 each (added to our bill). Felt this ought to have been part of the room rate on a 'Park, Stay and Go' rate. There were no instructions on how to get back to the hotel from the airport to collect the car. I ended up asking a rather surly long stay car park bus driver who directed us to the correct bus stop (I think he probably gets this a lot judging by the eye-rolling and sighing he gave me when I asked if his was the bus to the hotel).
Room was adequate for the one night we were there and there wasn't a long wait for the shuttle bus at 4 am.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello Alisolsen,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I want an efficient yet complete lodging experience for you, and I am sorry that areas of the parking services wasn't made clear during your visit. I have alerted the hotel management regarding your comments, and I trust that the steps taken will avoid confusion on your next stays with us.

I hope welcome you back!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here because I had a 6:30am flight, and the service and location were great. The shuttle is £2.50 and runs every 10 minutes. Breakfast usually starts at 4am, but I guess they had several early departures that morning because it was open at 3:45am for the group that had to depart so early.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank shedevlls1
Reviewed May 18, 2019

Early morning flights are never a good thing, but the stress level rises considerably when you have to travel nearly an hour just to reach the airport! Consequently we have decided to take some of the stress out of the situation by opting to stop overnight in a hotel near the airport, that also provides secure car parking for the duration of your holiday.
In the past two months we have stayed twice at the Holiday Inn Express and not been disappointed.

As I had pre booked and paid, check-in was very easy, as was parking the car in the secure car park.

The bedroom and ensuite shower room were modern, clean, fresh and bright.

Food is available, and very tasty, in the bar/restaurant, but the alcohol is a wee bit pricey! Breakfast is buffet style self service and ok.

Transfer to the airport is by bus, and a return ticket (available at the reception desk) costs £2.50 per person. The bus drops you off and picks you up at the same door, every 10/15 minutes.

The staff are always very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HIxEdiAirportGM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2019

Thank you once again for choosing the HIE Edinburgh Airport for your recent stay Mathie W,and for your positive feedback.
We are proud of the team here at the HIE Edinburgh Airport and we are pleased that the stay again met your requirements and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Have a great day Mathie.