Purchased the overnight package titled 'Cocktails & Dreams' at the 'Mal' in the Leith area of Edinburgh. The building is impressive, the area a great place to explore and our room (standard) was fabulous. We ate in the restaurant which was delicious and the breakfast next morning was very good (well worth upgrading to the cooked brekkie for £2). Staff were excellent, especially our waitperson on Thursday evening of our stay (8th May). One word of caution, if you are wanting to stay in Edinburgh city centre, this is not the hotel for you. However the benefits of being outside the city centre is free parking and a great vibe in the up-and-coming Leith area. We shall return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's the mother of all Malmaison's. The former house of ill-repute now has a reputation that's second to none, and it's also just a short taxi ride away from Waverley Station. Malmaison Edinburgh bides at Leith (as they say up here), just a stone's throw from the Royal Yacht Britannia, but offering far more funky luxury. Yes, when you want exciting hotels in Edinburgh, this is the King, not the castle. Our Edinburgh hotel puts you close to all of Edinburgh's cobbled splendours, incredible shopping and famous galleries. Then it's back to Mal for Scots dining with a twist, a fine selection of single malts and mojitos in the bar and then back to the slinkiest and most spectacular rooms in the Scots capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Edinburgh
- Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh Scotland