My partner and I are regular customers of the Mal maison chain and are always very happy with the quality of both the rooms and the service.
Unfortunately our stay in the Edinburgh Mal Maison over new year was simply disappointing. The hotel is dated in comparison with what we have come to expect, with the bathroom in our room being particularly poor. The whole place needs a revamp to bring it into line with the rest of the chain.
The staff were very friendly and polite however the restaurant is not up to the standard expected either.
We will continue to frequent our local Mal Maison hotel, however we would not return to this particular venue nor would we recommend it to anyone.
For the price: stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's the mother of all Malmaison's. The former house of ill-repute now has a reputation that's second to none, and it's also just a short taxi ride away from Waverley Station. Malmaison Edinburgh bides at Leith (as they say up here), just a stone's throw from the Royal Yacht Britannia, but offering far more funky luxury. Yes, when you want exciting hotels in Edinburgh, this is the King, not the castle. Our Edinburgh hotel puts you close to all of Edinburgh's cobbled splendours, incredible shopping and famous galleries. Then it's back to Mal for Scots dining with a twist, a fine selection of single malts and mojitos in the bar and then back to the slinkiest and most spectacular rooms in the Scots capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malmaison Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Edinburgh
- Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland