We were on a week tour of Scotland including Islay and the Highlands and Edinburgh was our last stop. During the Edinburgh Festival in August things were very busy (and expensive) in the decent hotels, so Malmaison (which is actually in Leith, Edinburgh's port) came up with good reviews on Trip Advisor so we thought we would give it a try. Slightly awkward to find, even with GPS, but once settled in all good. Very nice room overlooking the harbour and The Shore leading down to Malmaison is full of good restuarants and bars - which I can vouch for because we went in virtually every one of them! So Malmaison location is nice but remember you are 40-45 walking minutes (or 5-10 cab minutes) from central Edinburgh though Leigh has plenty of its own attractions. Some odd bits and pieces like mini bar dispute which was annoying. I think hotels should switch to free consumption mini bars in room because the current count and check system is a nuisance and leads to frequent disputes. We did not drink the wine. £2 supplement for cooked full breakfast was a ''hidden'' fee (hotel will respond that it is well advertised and the breakfast was excellent so I am not complaining). Location of Malmaison was really nice in the harbour area, some excellent cafes, restuarants and bars nearby including some of 'Edinburgh's'' best restaurants (good luck getting booked in during August). Thumbs up at Malmaison.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's the mother of all Malmaison's. The former house of ill-repute now has a reputation that's second to none, and it's also just a short taxi ride away from Waverley Station. Malmaison Edinburgh bides at Leith (as they say up here), just a stone's throw from the Royal Yacht Britannia, but offering far more funky luxury. Yes, when you want exciting hotels in Edinburgh, this is the King, not the castle. Our Edinburgh hotel puts you close to all of Edinburgh's cobbled splendours, incredible shopping and famous galleries. Then it's back to Mal for Scots dining with a twist, a fine selection of single malts and mojitos in the bar and then back to the slinkiest and most spectacular rooms in the Scots capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Edinburgh
- Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh Scotland