Lowest prices for your stay
$341
Hotels.com
$345
Get rewarded with One Key
$345
Get rewarded with One Key
1,551 results
All reviews rhubarb restaurant owners suite highland cattle leather room benjamin franklin lord provost italian room champagne afternoon tea arthur's seat stunning hotel garden room city centre visiting edinburgh royal mile wedding luxury kilts
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2019 via mobile

We booked lunch to celebrate my friends birthday, all in all it was quite mediocre. The Mac n cheese with lobster at £32 was hugely disappointing and over priced for what it was, I’ve had a lot better Mac n Cheese and the small pieces of lobster on the top were over cooked and as a result tough and rubbery. My friends shared the pink lady apple pie for two and the way in which the waiter decanted the caramel sauce over same was certainly not with any degree of finesse befitting of a 4 star restaurant. We had pre and post lunch drinks and they delivered the wrong gin, we asked for Harris and got smother gin, the mistakes and attention to detail is missing from this 4star hotel, it’s down to the staff, they don’t really care! As we were there to celebrate a birthday ordinarily I’ve have told them about my disquiet however, I refrained to avoid upsetting my friend on her birthday. I’d suggest a review by the restaurant as regards food quality and service.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Q4284JMstephens
Reviewed August 22, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful property. Beautiful grounds. Beautifully presented. Wonderful staff.

Really can’t fault Prestonfield House.

Rhubarb, the restaurant has a lovely breakfast and also fantastic lunch and dinner menus. Both the food and the service are excellent. The setting is simply beautiful.

Everything is perfect, luxurious grandeur.

With peacocks. Highland cows. Tunnocks’ teacakes. Lovely bathroom products and fluffy robes.

Perfect wedding venue.

Perfect treat for a loved one.

Perfect romantic retreat with someone special.

From the welcome (kilted bell boys), to a wonderfully extravagant afternoon tea (with or without champagne), to our beautifully decorated room... they have thought of everything. I can’t wait to go back ♥️

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Catwoman0770
Reviewed August 20, 2019

I booked Prestonfield for my wedding having never even been to Scotland before. I stumbled across the venue online and instantly fell in love with its character and grounds. Katherine couldn't do enough for me during the planning process, she was easy to get in touch with and no requirments or last minute changes were too much trouble. When I saw the venue on my big day I was blown away, it really is incredibly stunning. Prestonfield staff are a cut above, the food was outstanding and the overall feel of the day was luxurious...I really did feel like a princess there. Amazing value for money as I expected to pay much more for what we revieved. Prestonfield House certainly lives up to its reputation.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Donna N
Reviewed August 19, 2019

Our group attended the "Taste of Scotland" dinner/show. We had a four course meal, complete with "haggis" (if you wanted). The food and the service were excellent. The meal was followed by a nearly two hour non-stop musical show that featured several musical and dance groups. The music was traditional Scottish songs and the groups encouraged the audience to join them in singing and dancing. It was a great evening.For some in our group it was their favorite on our tour.

Date of stay: June 2019
2  Thank TykeTenney
Reviewed August 11, 2019

Our group of four had prebooked the Taste of Scotland Experience here as part of our visit to Edinburgh for Military Tattoo and the Fringe. We were all welcomed in to the adjacent Stables Restaurant which was beautifully decked out and sat at pre-set table of 8 persons. Were served a most delicious four course meal with white and red wine and teas and coffee to finish. The entertainment from around 7.70pm until 10pm was absolutely fantastic with non stop singing, dancers, piper etc. and a few dances in between for audience participation. I would most highly recommend an evening here as we would love to return ourselves next year.

Date of stay: August 2019