We stayed six nights at Prestonfield House while visiting Edinburgh and surrounding areas. Our first floor corner room was large, sumptuous and very comfortable. One receives a complimentary bottle of champagne, bottled water, nightly cookies and chocolates. The staff was very congenial. Breakfast in the Rhubarb restaurant offered wonderful choices of local produce. All the public rooms are decorated with interesting furniture and art. Our dinner one evening in a small private dining room was delicious. The outside of the house features some gardens, large trees and peacocks. The reception of the free wifi is a bit problematic. Because the hotel is about a 10 minute taxi ride from the center of town, it is a little out of the way if one does not have transportation readily available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prestonfield is Edinburgh's most indulgent retreat and Scotland's latest 5-star hotel. Rated one of the "Best 101 Hotels in the World" by Tatler/Abercrombie & Kent and AA Hotel of the Year 2005, this exceptional hotel is near Edinburgh's Royal Mile. Prestonfield has been lavishly restored by new owner James Thomson of Edinburgh's famous Witchery by the Castle. Now guests find every modern convenience hidden behind the velvet-upholstered walls of Edinburgh's most talked-about bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Prestonfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prestonfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Prestonfield Edinburgh, Scotland