I have stayed here in the owners suit that actually has an own staircase to help you go into the suit without getting a big entrance through the whole hotel. Absolute stunning suit, decor takes you back for many years and makes you feel like a real lady! However the doors are pretty low my partner almost hit his head :) Unique bathroom with beautiful old bath.
Despite the old style it's nice and clean with modern tv, some fruits and cookies in the room. If you're lucky you can see the highland cow in the garden. We had a lovely dinner at Rhubarb and few drink in the bar. Absolute unique experience. Everyone should get treat to stay in this hotel special in the owner suit. I hope I will get back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prestonfield is Edinburgh's most indulgent retreat and Scotland's latest 5-star hotel. Rated one of the "Best 101 Hotels in the World" by Tatler/Abercrombie & Kent and AA Hotel of the Year 2005, this exceptional hotel is near Edinburgh's Royal Mile. Prestonfield has been lavishly restored by new owner James Thomson of Edinburgh's famous Witchery by the Castle. Now guests find every modern convenience hidden behind the velvet-upholstered walls of Edinburgh's most talked-about bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Prestonfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prestonfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Prestonfield Edinburgh, Scotland