Well the title says it all!, I booked a two night stay as a suprise for my fiance's 30th birthday between christmas and new year 2012, we stayed in another hotel for the first night and at the Prestonfield for the 2nd night, we stumbled across the Rhubarb restaurant the last time we visited Edinburgh and had a meal there, as soon as our taxi turned the corner into the long driveway we looked at each other and said WOW, we were blown away by our first experience of the Prestonfield, the food is divine and the overall dinning experience unforgetable with sumptuous opulent decor and furnishings, the whiskey room and the tapestry room are our personal favourites of the drawing rooms.
I booked the owners suite with it being a special occasion, rang the hotel to advise that it was a suprise and not to mention I had booked a suite when we checked in, just to add to the shock factor when we got to our room, the hotel obliged and she got the shock of her life when we were shown to our room, so much so she couldn't speak for over an hour she was that blown away with it!!!, if you've got a special anniversary/birthday and can afford to fork out just shy of £300 for 1 night then do it, you won't be dissapointed the room was just magnificent with all the opulence you could ask for, incredibly romantic with a huge bath for two, champagne on ice waiting for you in the room on arrival (inc in the price), heated bathroom floor with different coloured lighting, classic FM playing softly in the background of the bedroom (which was just stunning) with ostrich plume cushions etc, there is also a seperate lounge with pictures of famous people who have stayed in this suite, (Sean Connery, American presidents etc). Once my fiance got over the shock of the sheer beauty of the room I informed her I had arranged private dinning in the salon privee, which is like a royal box which you pass on the stone staircase up to the suite and over looks the grounds, again it was incredibly romantic and didn't cost any extra as you can probably guess she was again gobsmacked and reduced to tears!, food and service again was 1st class, special mention to Brian for his attentiveness and his vast knowledge, he really made our night very special. My other half can recommend the eggs benedict for breakfast, but whatever you have will be fabulous (if your a whiskey lover like me then you will be in your element), we couldn't stop talking about the Prestonfield for weeks and weeks after, and still talk about it now, we took loads of pictures of the room and a video, will get round to uploading them soon. Thanks Prestonfield for the best hotel experience ever
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prestonfield is Edinburgh's most indulgent retreat and Scotland's latest 5-star hotel. Rated one of the "Best 101 Hotels in the World" by Tatler/Abercrombie & Kent and AA Hotel of the Year 2005, this exceptional hotel is near Edinburgh's Royal Mile. Prestonfield has been lavishly restored by new owner James Thomson of Edinburgh's famous Witchery by the Castle. Now guests find every modern convenience hidden behind the velvet-upholstered walls of Edinburgh's most talked-about bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Prestonfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prestonfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Prestonfield Edinburgh, Scotland