“Mouthwatering”

Ranked #278 of 2,597 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southside & Holyrood
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I am glad we made it to Beirut, we arrived to the restaurant at eight o'clock on sat night, we didn't book so we had to wait 25 min for a table but it was with no dout worth the wait. The food was very fresh and delicious, the owner is so lovely, I promised him to come again with my friends next week but I will not forget to book this time.
See you next week amed :-)

1  Thank Allana44

Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you like Lebanese food then you won't be disappointed with Beirut. Located in Nicholson Square, just a short hop from the city centre, it's an absolute gem of a find and great for relaxing after a day wondering around the museums or shops.
The food is top quality, beautifully presented and reasonably priced to boot.
As a vegetarian, it can often be hard finding good quality Middle Eastern food but we were spoiled for choice at Beirut. Their expansive list of cold and hot starters covered all the old favourites - houmous, lebneh (yoghurt dip) and tabouleh - but their baba ghanous (smoked aubergine dip), foul madoumas (broad bean stew), stuffed vine leaves were heavenly. Often falafel are dry and tasteless but Beirut make them on site and they are fresh and moist inside and served sprinkled with sesame seeds. My absolute favourite was the cheese parcels - a feta-type cheese wrapped in filo-like pastry and fried, although they were not at all greasy.
The staff couldn't have been more helpful and were more than willing for us to choose a selection of every vegetarian starter as our meal and were happy to help cater for a young child in our party. The meat eaters who came with us enthused over their mixed grill and lamb chops too.
We finished it off with a cup of mint tea and baklava and all in all, had another great evening.
The only point worth remembering is that they don't have an alcohol licence so take your own with you - we paid approx £6 corkage for two bottles, so it's hardly a rip off.

1  Thank Josie S
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I'll keep it short and sweet, on of the best restaurants in edinburgh. Food is out of this world and the service is spot on. our lovely waiter was very attentive with out being in your face. Roasted lamb was my favourite and I can't wait to work my way throw their menu. If you haven't been their yet then your missing out.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I were looking for something a bit different and chose Beirut based on its Trip Adviser rating and we were not disappointed. The food was great, the ambiance just right and the service was, was very prompt but also very friendly. Also it was first time that we have been at a BYOB restaurant which added to the charm. Bringing a bottle of your favourite plonk just adds to the experience. The whole night was fantastic, thanks to all at Beirut.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

After reading the glowing reviews took a trip with my wife from Perth to try this Lebanese restaurant and it did not disappoint. Delecious food and amazing service. The owner is lovely, we even received complementary baklava. Roasted Lamb is highly recommended. Can't wait to come back.
Andrew.