The city of Edinburgh was absolutely full when I got there on August 22 so I ended up staying at this hotel. It is located in the ocean terminal area of Leith. The description tells you that it is 1.5 miles from the city center which is a joke .. my guess would be about 3.5 – 4.5 miles but the bus service on #22 is very convenient since it runs every 10 minutes. Also the Ocean Terminal with its shops and restaurants make sure that you do not feel as if you isolated. The “breakfast” that they mention is a joke if you are used to an English breakfast. Their breakfast is a continental breakfast.
The staff are pleasant but obviously not experienced hotel staff and do not provide any kind of a proactive service.
Other than that it is a “Holiday Inn” except my rate was about $ 270 per night!
Would I stay there again? Only if Edinburgh is full and it is my only option
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Waterfront offering free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, great value rates with an inclusive buffet breakfast. Enjoy free parking at the hotel and its superb location, which is ideal for exploring this charming and fascinating city. The Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Waterfront is located next to Ocean Terminal, Edinburgh's newest leisure and shopping destination, the Scottish Executive, the Royal Yacht Britannia & close to all major business areas. The old port area of Edinburgh-Leith has many atmospheric bars, bistros and boutiques & is only 1.5 miles from the city centre. Alternatively you can relax and unwind in our cosy lounge bar. The Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Waterfront has good parking with 60 spaces available at the hotel on a first-come-first-served basis and there is also ample additional parking available at Ocean Terminal, opposite. There is a frequent public bus service from the front door making it an ideal location for visiting all of Edinburgh's famous attractions such as Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace, The Royal Mile, Princes Street, national museums and galleries. We are delighted to unveil our brand new bedrooms which feature a whole new look. You can enjoy modern décor, irons and ironing boards and brand new hairdryers so that you look your best. Additionally our bedrooms are now packed with even more facilities including a comfy sofa (in family rooms) with a movable table, a wall-mounted TV, USB ports and power sockets next to your bed, nifty reading lights and full-width curtains which will make the rooms even cosier. The en suite shower rooms have also been spruced up with cool, fresh decor. We can't wait for your to experience our cool new look! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, IHG, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Leith
- Leith Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront Scotland