The staff were very nice and customer service was very good. We stayed there due to the low price during festival month. It was also a lot quieter than the bustle of the downtown. I didn't think the rooms were dirty, seemed clean to me.
The rooms were dated, small TVs, bed, was very bouncy and not comfortable, thin linens. The room needs an upgrade. We did have air conditioning, which we didn't need. The parking was free, but there was not free wi-fi in the rooms it was about 9 pounds for 24 hours, it is free in the lobby.
Since it was across from a big shopping center I thought we would have lots of eating options. But the restaurants in Ocean Terminal were not very good. And it was a bit of a walk for me to get to restaurants in Leith. The docks location, just felt a bit grotty.
The buses are frequent and they are right outside. It was fairly easy to figure it out.
I got sick of the breakfast and felt the quality of the scrambled eggs were lacking. I wanted somewhere to get a proper English breakfast, but we weren't that close to another place. It was adequate, just not very exciting and we had the yogurt and museli.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Waterfront offering free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, great value rates with an inclusive buffet breakfast. Enjoy free parking at the hotel and its superb location, which is ideal for exploring this charming and fascinating city. The Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Waterfront is located next to Ocean Terminal, Edinburgh's newest leisure and shopping destination, the Scottish Executive, the Royal Yacht Britannia & close to all major business areas. The old port area of Edinburgh-Leith has many atmospheric bars, bistros and boutiques & is only 1.5 miles from the city centre. Alternatively you can relax and unwind in our cosy lounge bar. The Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Waterfront has good parking with 60 spaces available at the hotel on a first-come-first-served basis and there is also ample additional parking available at Ocean Terminal, opposite. There is a frequent public bus service from the front door making it an ideal location for visiting all of Edinburgh's famous attractions such as Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace, The Royal Mile, Princes Street, national museums and galleries. We are delighted to unveil our brand new bedrooms which feature a whole new look. You can enjoy modern décor, irons and ironing boards and brand new hairdryers so that you look your best. Additionally our bedrooms are now packed with even more facilities including a comfy sofa (in family rooms) with a movable table, a wall-mounted TV, USB ports and power sockets next to your bed, nifty reading lights and full-width curtains which will make the rooms even cosier. The en suite shower rooms have also been spruced up with cool, fresh decor. We can't wait for your to experience our cool new look! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Leith
- Leith Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront Scotland