Jurys Inn Edinburgh
$111
$101
Agoda.com
4,500 results
All reviewstrain stationroyal milegreat locationtriple roomprinces streetcentral locationhigh streetcalton hillbuffet breakfastwould stay againshort breakyogurtcastlepubs
Reviewed November 13, 2009

I stayed here in november 2008 for christmas shopping the Hotel was perfect same decore as any other Jurys Hotel and the breakfast was good. The location is excellent just a few minutes away from everything! staff were helpful and also recommended a few resteraunts for us! We were there the same time as German Market and it was fab, loads of great little gifts and real christmasy also had the ice skating rink too shopping is very good too there!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Barry_Rowland, General Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2009

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to stay at Jurys Inn Edinburgh again. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Reviewed November 9, 2009

Before I begin, I'd like to stress this is not a reflection on Jury's Inn in general as we stayed at the one in Belfast and were delighted with it.
On check-in at Edinburgh, we were not made to feel welcome. As I approached the desk, the woman snapped "what's the surname?" which I replied to. I then handed over our confirmation as it clearly stated on it, "present this travel voucher to your hotel at check in." We were then told "don't need that." It wouldn't have done any harm to take the confirmation from us. We asked for advice about where was best to park and if they knew rough prices. We were told "it's a car park, they will try to get as much from you as possible." How helpful... not. We were basically treated like a number and this continued throughout our stay.
We later returned to the desk to ask what time check out was. The girl did not make eye contact or acknowledge we were standing there until they were finished typing.
On checkout, it felt like a conveyor belt. No interest in whether we enjoyed our stay or not. Simply just "you have nothing to pay,...next here!"
We were on the 6th floor - there was a horrible smell right along the corridor. The room looked onto bins. The room itself was basic but adequate and comfortable. However, we couldn't sleep all night due to a constant noise which I'm guessing was the heating.
The location is central and within easy access of the royal mile which was good.
We did find one member of staff who was pleasant and this was an Irish boy who worked in the bar.
Breakfast was average, very busy and few staff cleaning tables.
We stayed in edinburgh the month previous at Waterloo Place which, granted, is a 4* hotel so we did not expect the same physical standard but the customer service there was outstanding in comparison to here. If we were returning, I would rather fork out the extra knowing we would have an enjoyable stay. At the end of the day, it doesn't cost anything to smile and be pleasant to people.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank _-_L4UR4_-_
Barry_Rowland, General Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2009

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to discuss further. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Reviewed November 4, 2009

I stayed in Jurys Inn for 2 nights as a birthday treat for my daughter. Upon reading the reviews on trip advisor I was a bit aprehensive, but I can gladly say that our experience was faultless from the moment we walked in. The receptionist Natalie was very friendly & kind, our rooms were not ready immeditelyy but we went & had a nice drink in the bar, where the staff were even more friendly & helpful. We had a small issue with one of the rooms, as we had booked 2 family rooms & there was no sofa bed in the room, as soon as I mentioned this to reception natalie got on to it straight away & an extra bed (not sofa bed) was put in the room. we were very happy at this hotel, the rooms were spacious, very clean & the beds were comfy, plenty of extra blankets & pillows, the decor is a little dated, the bathroom was spotless & a good size. We ate in the restaurant one of the nights & we found the food to be very tasty and the breakfasts were just as good, I dont know what the other reviewers were eating to say that the food was not good. The location is super, its right in the middle of everything, minutes away from the Royal mile, princes street, waverely station (all the hop on tour buses), Edinburgh is a beautiful city, the people are lovely & I would recomend the Jurys Inn to anyone who is looking for a city break vist to the city. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Barry_Rowland, General Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2009

Reviewed October 27, 2009

We stayed at Jurys Hotel on the weekend of 2/3 October 2009.

Location is great, rooms fine and the staff are so friendly and helpful, most especially the Reception Staff who deserve a pat on the back.

The only problem we had was at breakfast on Sunday morning - we waited in a queue which snaked all the way around the restaurant and into the bar area for 40 mins for hot food. The problem appeared to be that they kept running out of food? When we eventually got to the counter there was no bacon or eggs, then when you waited for the bacon and eggs there was no sausage, then when you waited for sausage there was no hash browns etc. For me the worst things was that we were all standing over people who were trying to eat their breakfast which was not very nice. We ended up just having some bacon and eggs but most people just had cereal or fruit and a lot just walked out. I probably should have complained at the time but we waited so long for our breakfast we then had to hurry to catch our train. We stayed in this hotel in January 2009 and did not have any problems at all, so assume this was just a blip.

We have stayed in several Jurys Inns throughout the country and Edinburgh is by far one of the better ones. We will be going back to Edinburgh in March 2010 and even though Jurys lost a few brownie points on this occasions we will most certainly go back again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Barry_Rowland, General Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2009

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies that breakfast was not to the usual standard. I can ensure you that the issues will be dealt with. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to stay at Jurys Inn Edinburgh again. Regards, Barry Rowland General Manager

Reviewed October 26, 2009

We just stayed two nights at the hotel on a B&B, so decided not to take the breakfast option as there were plenty of local alternatives on offer. The location of the hotel is excellent for the Old Town. Unfortunately it's excellent for Edinburgh Waverley station and if you have a room at the front of the hotel it's quite noisy at night and early morning when the trains are going through. The sound proofing on the windows was poor so they didn't help much. A room at the rear of the hotel would probably have been better, although the view of Edinburgh was nice. Unfortunately, the noise didn't just come from outside the hotel. Our room was next to some sort of store cupboard used by staff and it seemed to be used during the night as well as during the day. It wasn't a big problem for us, so we didn't complain but it may be if you are a light sleeper.

The only other thing was that all of the water coming from the taps in the bathroom had a tinge of brown to it. Nothing serious - although my partner chose to shower as opposed to having a bath!

The bed was comfortable, the telly worked, we had tea and coffee making facilties, they provided an iron and ironing board speedily upon request, the room was warm and we only paid £79 per night. I would put this hotel in the same bracket as a Travelodge or Premier Travel Inn although I'm not sure that's the market they're aiming for.

I wouldn't stay there again, but I think it represented reasonable value for money given the location and the cost. I would choose to pay more and stay somewhere nicer next time.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple