I stayed at Jury's Inn, Edinburgh for 2 nights, staying on the 7th floor in a "superior" room. Unfortunately, the stay was overshadowed by one of the 2 lifts being out of order the whole time, so waiting for the lift dominates my memory of the stay. I did complain, and after an initial resistance they did give me a 9% discount on the room rate. Even so, the tag superior room wasn't how I'd describe the pretty average room - though there's no doubt that the price was superior, even after the discount. (Being during the Festival probably didn't help, but even so the rate was at the top end of other hotels listed when advance booking using Trivago.)
But the bed was comfortable, and the facilities OK. The location just a two minute still from the side entrance to Waverley Station was great. It was convenient for all central locations and the Fringe venues I went to.
The hotel has no reason to be proud of its breakfast - a mediocre self service buffet (though with a poorly advertised offer to meet special requests and no one obvious to request). I particularly disliked the lack of any teapots for tea - at an upmarket hotel, I don't expect to have to make tea in a mug with a teabag! I'm not sure that many guests had ned of the jugs of mint and cucumber water though.
And a final note both highlighting their good service, but thoughtless attitude to facilities. The room came with a bath with shower over, but the shampoo and body wash were firmly fixed to a perch 5' up the wall - ideal for the shower, but useless for sitting in the bath. This is indicative of a complete failure to think about the guest's needs. However, I mentioned this to reception and a second free standing pair of bottles were provided ready for the second morning, so full marks to the reception staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh is located in the heart of Edinburgh's beautiful Old Town next to the famous Royal Mile and only a 2 min walk from Waverly Train Station. Princes Street and Edinburgh Castle are a pleasant 10-15 minute walk away. Whether you're looking for hotels in Edinburgh for business at the International Conference Centre, or touring Edinburgh Castle and the sights of historic Scotland's capital, our Edinburgh hotel means all your destinations are within easy and always interesting walking distance. The hotel features all day Costa coffee bar, a stylish onsite bar to relax in after an eventful day in the city. You can enjoy a great selection of seasonal food and drink in our trendy restaurant which is open from 6:30am to 10am for breakfast and 6pm to 10pm for dinner. If you arriving by car a nearby public car parking is available at Waverley Station car park. Our comfortable bedrooms can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. The rooms are furnished with large soft beds, spacious bathrooms with complimentary toiletries and a hair dryer, a flat screen TV with Freeview, and Free WiFi - guests who book directly with us can enjoy Free Premium WiFi, our best price guarantee and can earn points and get rewards with our loyalty programme. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, JurysInn, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Jurys Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Jurys Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Jurys Hotel
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh Scotland