Having stayed at the Jury's Inn in Manchester, I expected this hotel to be of the same high standard but I was very disappointed. The foyer is very smart and gives the impression of a very modern hotel. The check-in staff were lovely, allowing us to check in early and were very helpful with regards to directions to local amenities etc. and supplied us with a basic map of the area. Unfortunately the room didn't reach the same high standard. We were given a choice of a quiet room at the rear of the hotel without a view, or a room at the front of the hotel with a lovely view but not so quiet (close proximity to the train station). We chose the front room with the view and I can honestly say that it wasn't at all noisy, you could hear the trains but they didn't keep me awake. It was the room décor that I found disappointing. It was very dated and badly in need of refurbishment. The paintwork was scuffed and generally the room was very 'tired'. I cannot complain about the cleanliness though, it was very clean. Beware of the tea and coffee making facilities. They are situated on a shelf above chin height and it is impossible to see into the cups when pouring the boiling water from the kettle. (Unless you are 6ft 6" in which case it shouldn't be a problem). Definitely a health and safety issue.
The breakfast was very average. I think if I ever returned I wouldn't book breakfast, I would go out of the hotel and eat elsewhere, there are lots of places to chose from very close by.
Location of the hotel is excellent, just at the beginning of the Royal Mile and a stone's throw from the more modern shops at the other side of the railway line. Perfect for sightseeing and shopping but I think when I go back to Edinburgh I will look for a hotel with a little bit more 'luxury'. As Jury's Inns go, this one is very disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh is located in the heart of Edinburgh's beautiful Old Town next to the famous Royal Mile and a 2 minute walk from Waverly Train Station. Prince's Street and Edinburgh Castle are a pleasant 10-15 minute walk away. Whether visiting for sight-seeing, shopping or business at the International Conference Centre, choosing Jurys Inn Edinburgh guarantees all your destinations are within easy reach. The hotel features an all day Costa Coffee bar and a stylish onsite bar to relax in after an eventful day in the city. Enjoy a great selection of seasonal food and drink in our trendy restaurant which is open from 6:30am to 10:00am for breakfast and 6:00pm to 10:00pm for dinner. If arriving by car, public car parking is available nearby at Waverley Station car park. The hotel has 186 comfortable bedrooms that can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. All bedrooms are furnished with large soft beds, spacious bathrooms with complimentary toiletries, a hair dryer, flat screen TV with Freeview and Free WiFi. Guests who book directly with us can enjoy Free Premium WiFi, our best price guarantee and can earn points and get rewards with our loyalty programme Jurys Rewards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splitty, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Jurys Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Jurys Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Jurys Hotel
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh Scotland