“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Braintree, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for one night during the Festival. We thought it was excellent value and ideally suited for all events. The rooms were clean and bright and the staff were all very helpful. We had dinner in the hotel and thought it was really reasonable and delicious.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear yellowbertha,

Thank you for taking the time to express your kind words regarding your recent stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Our team always strives to ensure our guest are made to feel welcome and comfortable, therefore I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Our Accommodation Manager prides herself in the cleanliness of the rooms and Hotel and it is just wonderful to see that this reflects in our guests experience.

yellowbertha, please do contact me should you find yourself in Edinburgh in the near future and I will be happy to assist.

Richard_Pearson@jurysinns.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (590)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

On Jeffry street, one block off the royal mile this hotel is ideally situated to train station and city vus services. Ask for an upper floor when arriving to decrease effects of weekend evening party noise and you will be fine. No ac but rooms are adequate and service is very good. Try to dine outside the coach tours, as restaurant does get busy. Menu in bar and restaurant is good. Add the breakfast package to your stay for a good start to the day. Interesting wifi access which causes more annoyance than accessibility.

Room Tip: Upper floors at the back opposite to waverley train station offer less view but Rare Ask for upper...
Dear Bonnie T,

Our team always strives to ensure our guest are made to feel welcome and comfortable, therefore I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and you found our location perfect. I shall be looking into our WiFi to find out why you experienced a tempramental service, to ensure this does not happen again in the future.

Bonnie T, please do contact me should you find yourself in Edinburgh in the near future and I will be happy to assist.

northern ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great hotel. Ideally situated to everything. Back door of hotel leads you right up to Edinburgh Castle and all the local shops and pubs. Absolutely brill. Lovely bar and staff are lovely. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear gerry028,

gerry028, please do contact me should you find yourself in Edinburgh in the near future and I will be happy to assist.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our room was nice - large and clean, and overlooking the back of the hotel, so no car noises. All the staff were very helpful, friendly and pleasant. The hotel does however have an outside corridor connecting it's two buildings, and this was frequented by smokers, who thought nothing of having loud conversations at all hours of the night. I think Jurys need to do something about this.

Breakfast on the first day was a nightmare - I went in at 8am, and the room was in total chaos - it is all self-service, including the coffee - and there were long queues snaking around the room. There were no empty tables, even the bar next door to the dining room which had been opened as overflow was full. I had to come back half an hour later. When I complained, I was told they had two large groups staying who had been given time slots, but one of them decided they didn't like theirs so just turned up earlier. There were no staff on hand to manage this.

The only reason I was staying at Jurys was because I had to fit in a business trip during the Edinburgh Festival - madness, I know. I had come up a few days earlier and stayed at Smart @ IQ - university accommodation, very reasonably priced at £99 per night, good value. As my colleagues were all staying in Jurys I moved there for the final 3 nights, and was shocked to find the price was £250 for Thursday night and £350 for Friday and Saturday. But that seems to be the going rate for hotels in Edinburgh during the festival. Outrageous, but people pay it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Primroselil,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Firstly, I was delighted to read that you found our Hotel clean and comfortable as our Accommodation Manager prides herself on the cleanliness of the Hotel. Our team are always ready to help our guests and go the extra mile.

I was however disappointed to read that our breakfast did not deliver a similar level of service, as we usually receive such good feedback. I shall be meeting with the breakfast team to discuss how we can ensure this does not happen again in the future. As you stated our rates reflect those of other Hotels at the same standard as ourselves of which are based on events in the city.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel room is so expensive yet the facilities are so terrible. There weren't any air conditioning in the whole hotel, it was so hot. The bathroom was so small and so uncomfortable, it was so difficult to take a good bath in the super small bath tub. The worst of all, it was so stinky and dirty. However, the hotel was at a good location except the noise coming from the train station. The service was good. Not recommended for this kind of price, very pricey.

Dear Leong K,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback from your stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

It is our intention at all times to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome and to feel comfortable whilst staying with us, therefore I was disappointed to read that this was not your experience with us.

We are always looking to improve our product and so I would greatly appreciate it if you could possible email me directly to inform me of your room details in order for me to investigate this and to ensure such matters do not happen again in the future. We always endeavour to be competitive with our rates and ensure these reflect Hotels of a similar standard to ours, of which are based on events in the city such as the Fringe Festival which was in full swing when you stayed with us.

I was pleased to read that our team delivered such good service. We always pride ourselves on our team and the extra mile they go for our guests.

Leong K, please do contact me regarding your room and I shall be more than happy to assist you on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Richard_Pearson@jurysinns.com

Travelers are raving about these Edinburgh hotels

Sittingbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

The family room was clean and suitable. We had a choice to be railway side or not. If you want a quite room ask to be the no view side. We love trains so it was fine and as it was for a stopover not an issue. Parked at Waverley station which the hotel validate when you leave to give you a discount. It is £13 per day. the hotel has a very small car park of its own so if mobility is an issue request this on booking £20.00 per day but worth it otherwise you have a walk uphill from the station. Excellent location for the Royal Mile, Castle and Princes street. Prices were not cheap as it was festival time but good value for what was needed.

Dear Rkemsley,

I would like thank you for such kind words regarding your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

The team are always delighted to hear our guests enjoying their time in the Hotel and Edinburgh as a city. We are perfectly located if you are a train fan and if you time it perfectly you might even spot The Royal Scotsman train.

I hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.

Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a bit of a to-do when booking this hotel, but all credit to the Manager, we reached a compromise and this hotel certainly delivered all that it promised. Jury's Inn is not a 5* chain, but they do offer a good standard of accommodation at a reasonable price and we have always found them to be very helpful. We had a superb view over the station onto Princes Street and the Scott memorial and it was quiet. Comfy bed, usual bathroom facilities, just a couple of minutes from the station and 10 minutes from the Castle. Bus stops just a few minutes walk away to get out to Leith, or anywhere else. An evening meal came as part of our compromise package, and this was lovely, as was the breakfast (porridge comes ready made here, you have to request it at other hotels in the chain!). We paid more than we would normally for this standard of hotel, but all similar establishments charge the same during the festival period; it was worth it not to have to travel home after a long day.

Room Tip: A high floor and looking over the station will give a quieter night and a huge picture window view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DeputyGM_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear TheValients,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

It is great to read of your experience with us, the team here at Jurys Inn are always delighted when we receive such positive comments. I was also pleased to read that the manager you spoke with was able to resolve the issue you had with your reservation satisfactorily.

I hope we can welcome you back to Jurys Inn Edinburgh in the near future.