“great experience!”

Jurys Inn Edinburgh
Ranked #115 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Generally good hotel, ideal location next to the train station, really nice and clean room, amazing dinner at the restaraunt, friendly staff. Poor view from our room's window.
Will visit again and recommend to others!!

Room Tip: rooms behind have poor view
1  Thank Hols_Leeds
David_Seed, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you for leaving feedback for the hotel, we always appreciate guests taking the time to inform us how their stay went and either passing on good comments or giving us ways to improve.

I’m pleased to hear you had a nice stay; & I will be passing on your positive comments to the staff. Should you be staying again please don’t hesitate to contact myself or a member of the team and we can ensure you are allocated a room at the front of the hotel with a nice view of New town & Carlton Hill or if there is anything else we can help with.

There are newer reviews for Jurys Inn Edinburgh

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed at Jury's for 3 nights. The room (triple room) was very clean, warm and comfortable. Clean towels every day, tea facilities in the room and WiFi! The view not so great, but the hotel is located very close to all main attractions, so we could just walk around and enjoy the beauty of Edinburgh. On our last day in Edinburgh we decided to eat in Jury's restaurant. The food, although a bit expensive, was very tasty and very well served!! We really enjoyed it!!! I recommend Jury's for every visitor, especially those who don't want to drive around the city!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the years and used to really like it. But I went recently with a friend and found it all a bit tired. The parking is also difficult and if you park on the street nearby you have to be up and moving your car before 8.00am. The rooms are clean enough and okay for size but you can get more space and more comfort in a Premier Inn.
The hotel has great views but as I only use hotels to sleep in rather than spending any time in this isn't an advantage.
Bar food was just about okay but overpriced in my opinion. Reception staff try hard to be friendly but onmy visit they were very harrassed and seemed to be under a lot of pressure, despite it being fairly quiet at check-in.
In grneral I think I'll look elsewhere next time as there is lots of choice in Edinburgh

Room Tip: Keep away from the lifts and stairs - ask for a room at the end of a corridor - then you won't h...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
David_Seed, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving feedback, we always appreciate guests taking the time to leave comments about the hotel to pass on positive comments to staff, or give us areas we can address to further improve our guest service.

While I’m pleased to hear that you found the staff friendly on most of your visits, I’m sorry to hear on this occasion you found the overall hotel disappointing, we usually receive very positive feedback about our reception team so allow me to apologise we provided poor service on this occasion.

Also to mention that we recommend the Waverly station car park which is in front of the hotel & has 24 hour access, we also offer guests a 25% discount if they get their ticket stamped at the hotel.

Please contact me if you would like to discuss this further,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just next to the train station exit on market street. A bit overpriced and in need of renovation but overall good value hotel close to the main attractions in the city. The Royal Mile is within walking distance and one can find lots of shops, restaurants and Edinburgh Castle is at the end of the street.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at Jury's in Edinburgh on 14th June in room 626 and were dreadfully disappointed.
I asked for a quiet room not near the lifts-they were the other side and we heard them. We were next to a public access area outside and were woken by drunks using it. We had to have the windows open because of-----
As soon as we stepped in the room it smelled like damp old towels. We discovered it was the toilet and drains-hence we had to have the windows open. We did not arrive til after midnight and had to leave to catch a train at 7 in the morning so there was not much we could do.
There was no fridge,no pen and paper and not even any drinking chocolate.
In the night the taps made a dreadful chugging noise if we used them.
As we were out all day and not used the room we put do not disturb on the door. Someone had been in whilst we were away.
We got back late on the Saturday and went straight to bed. The smell was still awful but we were too exhausted to ask to change rooms at such a late hour. We just wanted to have breakfast the next day and go.
After breakfast we went to our room whilst we packed. We put do not disturb on the door and twice the cleaners tried the door handles but as I had put the catch down it was locked.
By the time we left the room the toilet flush had packed in.
We went down to reception and told them of this and that we would be writing in with this complaint. We just wanted to leave.
Having paid £348 I thought this was very bad value for money. We had already lost the money on the breakfast on the first morning as we had to leave before breakfast was served and we were told we could not cancel it as we had booked thorough Laterooms.
I have stayed in far finer rooms with De vere for less than £75.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caerfai
David_Seed, Manager at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to pass on the details of you stay, we always appreciate guest informing us how their stay went with either good feedback or ways we can improve. Firstly allow me to apologise for the issues with your stay, I am disappointed to hear that the room you stayed in had an issue with the bathroom, if you had informed us of this during your stay we would have moved you immediately and had this looked at, this is the first time I have received a complaint about this bathroom so I am having the room looked at today.

We have a strict policy that no room attendant is allowed to enter a room which had the do not disturb sign on the door so my apologies if this policy was not adhered to and my housekeeping manager will be looking into this.

While our prices do change in line with the rest of the city we do have significantly better deals available in the winter months & for the past two years we have run midweek specials of £49 Bed & Breakfast from November & intend to run a similar offer again this year.

It is a shame you didn’t have time during you stay to speak with myself or a member of staff about these issues. I was available personally on the Sunday morning when our receptionist asked if you wanted to speak to a manger and would still be happy to discuss if you would like please contact me directly with any of contact details on my business card she gave you.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed 1 night here on business in June 2013. Location is okay, close to main Waverley Station and a short walk to the NCP car park which serves it. Had to wait a fair while at check in even though there was only 1 person in front. 1 person on check in not enough for a hotel of this size. friendly and quick service thereafter redeemed it though. Rooms a fair size with one queen and 1 single bed. I stayed in a room looking out to the rear of the hotel which was quiet but no real view of the city - shame! Bar/ restaurant are decent standard with a nice pub feel. No complaints re food quality or selection of drinks. Only downside overall in hotel is it all feels a bit tired decor wise and feels a bit 1970's. that's reflected in the price though and it's better quality than premier inns, travel lodges etc.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Myself and 7 others stayed at the Jurys Inn Edinburgh for a recent Hen Night. My sister and I drove down from Aberdeen whilst the rest of the party took the train from Newcastle. In both cases the hotel was easy to get to. Though there is limited onsite parking (not advertised on their website), the Waverley Station Long Stay NCP car park is directly across the road and works out cheaper, especially on weekends (currently £4.50 per day).
The hotel is easy to get to from Waverley Station, both are conveniently situated under the North Bridge (the brighly painted one which joins Princces St to The Royal Mile). The hotel is separated into Reception in one building with sliding double doors between Reception and the building containing the bar, restaurant and rooms. Between the two buildings is one of Edinburgh's famous 'closes' (Chalmer's Close) which you can walk up directly onto the Royal Mile from. This is accessible to the general public but as so few people realise where most of the closes go to this isn't an issue.
My sister and I shared a room with one double and one single bed - the rest of our party were 3 to the same size of room so do think carefully before booking! As the hotel is ideal for Stag and Hen parties there were some other large groups but we also saw families with young children and couple of all ages so it really does cater for everyone.
Talking of catering the restaurant and bar menus are both nice and reasonably priced for a mid-range hotel in an expensive city like Edinburgh. Coffee is provided by Costa in the bar but is standard Kenco in the rooms - it would have been nice to have a tie-in there but that would be a higher price.
The bar was well stocked and again reasonably priced. We didn't have breakfast the morning after, instead we headed up the close to another restaurant.
The rooms were comfortable and clean, the bathrooms well sized. Softer pillows and extra blankets were provided in room so no need to ask. The towels could have been larger but so many hotels don't go in for bath sheets these days you get used to making do.
Suprisingly enough, despite it being a location for Stags and Hens, there was very little obvious noise outside or inside, I think Reception had worked some booking magic so that families with young children wouldn't be disturbed (as a mum myself this is always a concern!). My only gripe was that our room was on the 4th floor (432) yet I could still hear the sliding automatic doors downstairs on the ground floor. Whether this was the acoustics of a large arch amplifying the sound I coudn't tell you but it did make my night a little less easy (especially with the beginnings of a grade 1 hangover kicking in).
Despite the fact we were checking out the following morning, staff still offered the option to keep our bags within a secured room to save us hauling them all over the city as we explored during the next day. We checked out just before 11am and didn't return until almost 3.30pm yet this was not a problem. We also had several members of our party leave essential items within their rooms but a couple of phonecalls and everything was located and reunited with its owner.
Word to the wise though - if you are out drinking on the Royal Mile or on Cowgate bear in mind that, due to Chalmers Close, you are only around 15 minutes stumble from the hotel - yes steps are involved BUT don't let that daunt you - DON'T allow a rickshaw driver to convince you to pay £5 per head to go literally 100 yards like so many seemed to do!

Room Tip: Try and get rooms at the front of the hotel for a better view over Waverley Station and Edinburgh it...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends