I selected this hotel because of its proximity to Waverly bridge (and the airport bus) and because it had internet.
I hadnt read the (overly!!) discretely placed smalll print that the internet was not included in the room price. In this day and age i cant believe that hotels are still charging for wifi. And it was incredibly expensive at £5 for an hour.
My room was small - just a single bed as i had booked - and of standard quality.
I didnt like that the bedrooms are in a different building to the hotel reception and anybody can walk in off the street into teh building unchecked.
You must use your key card to operate the lifts, but you can go up and down the stairs at will without a key card. I've stayed in hostels with better security,
Food in the restaurant was poor. My salmon and prawn tagitelle was bland and very heavy and definitely overpriced. Having seen others get teh chocolate fondant I suspected it didnt have cream or ice cream with it (unusual) but when I asked about it, I was offered a scoop of ice-cream. NObody told me i'd get charged extra on my bill for the ice-cream. Ridiculous. When I questioned the waitress and mentioned that she hadnt mentioned the extra money when offering, she said that its just teh way it was!!!
I regret staying in this hotel, particularly eating in it and wont stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh is located in the heart of Edinburgh's beautiful Old Town next to the famous Royal Mile and a 2 minute walk from Waverly Train Station. Prince's Street and Edinburgh Castle are a pleasant 10-15 minute walk away. Whether visiting for sight-seeing, shopping or business at the International Conference Centre, choosing Jurys Inn Edinburgh guarantees all your destinations are within easy reach. The hotel features an all day Costa Coffee bar and a stylish onsite bar to relax in after an eventful day in the city. Enjoy a great selection of seasonal food and drink in our trendy restaurant which is open from 6:30am to 10:00am for breakfast and 6:00pm to 10:00pm for dinner. If arriving by car, public car parking is available nearby at Waverley Station car park. The hotel has 186 comfortable bedrooms that can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. All bedrooms are furnished with large soft beds, spacious bathrooms with complimentary toiletries, a hair dryer, flat screen TV with Freeview and Free WiFi. Guests who book directly with us can enjoy Free Premium WiFi, our best price guarantee and can earn points and get rewards with our loyalty programme Jurys Rewards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Jurys Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Jurys Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Jurys Hotel
- Jurys Inn Edinburgh Scotland