Jurys Inn Edinburgh
$654
$509
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
$168
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
4,503 results
All reviewstrain stationroyal milegreat locationtriple roomprinces streetcentral locationhigh streetcalton hillbuffet breakfastwould stay againshort breakyogurtcastlepubs
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Stayed 13th of Feb for two nights. There was a bit of a mix up with the booking and price but the nice girl checking us in sorted it eventually. We were early and when we came back the not so friendly or helpful guy on reception gave us our card and room number with no information about when or where breakfast was served even.The room had a lovely view out the back of the hotel...... overlooking rubbish skips and dirt and overgrown grass. Luckily when we went back to reception to ask if it was possible to have a different room the nice girl was back and immediately changed our room to a bigger and better one. I'm not usually fussy but the view out the window was awful in the first room. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the breakfast is good, Just beware if you are using the back entrance to the hotel going up or down the steps, a couple of unsavoury characters hanging around on the two nights! Would definitely stay here again. Shop around for a good price as all sites vary.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ympm
Reviewed February 13, 2012

My parents and brother stayed her for 3 nights. They really looked forward to staying here and I booked this hotel for them.

Well I wish I hadn't bothered!

My parents and brother were told they were not allowed breakfast unless they paid (I paid and breakfast was included!!). They were treated quite shabbily as if they were beggars instead of paying guests!

After I contacted the hotel , they offered us a free stay if we were in Scotland again. I think not!! Would have preferred a refund ! They obviously did not like tourists from another country! Jury's Inn should have new staff who understand what tourism is really about!

Avoid this hotel if you want to remember Edinburgh for the right reason

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank veen n
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Flew from Belfast with Easy Jet and stayed in Jurys. Can honestly say we had no negative experiences. Flight was good and room in Jurys was excellent. View over Princes Street direction. Everything central eg railway across the road, bus for airport and tour bus just up at the bridge. Would advise you buy a Magestic ticket with the tour buses on the bridge. and you can travel anywhere and change buses as often as you want. All tour buses stop outside the hotel. Turn right when you come out of the hotel and you are on the Royal Mile. Turn left and go over the bridge to Princes Street. Hotel was very comfortable beds and pillows a dream. Everything you need for tea making and all requirements in bathroom.
Would recommend Jurys Edinburgh and would use them again and hope to get as good a stay when we go on a short break to Newcaste.

Room Tip: We were given more than we expected. There was a double and single bed in our room for me and my daughter. I think they give you the best they have to offer if it is not being used by bookings at that time.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank miriam m
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Fantastic location right opposite Edinburgh Waverley station. The reception desk and the main hotel are separated by one of the many steep alleyways dotted around the city, so you might get a chill going from the reception desk to the main hotel (depending on the time of year). The buffet breakfast (should you have included that in your room rate) was plentiful, offering a wide range of healthy and not so healthy options.

The room was a decent size, clean and offered a great view of the city looking north, including Edinburgh Castle and the clock tower of the Balmoral Hotel. The beds were very comfortable and a good size. The bathroom had a good shower although the bath tub could have been a bit longer and wider.

My only real problem with the hotel was the safety deposit box system they have. If you want one, they give you a key to keep but when you want something from it, you have to queue at reception just to ask them to use their master key along with your key to open you box (spent 10 mins waiting for people in front of me to check in even though I had a key which was frustrating and pointless). Add to that the box was smaller in size than a letter box but quite deep so you couldn't see what was at the back. I have large hands and kept nicking my hand against the box. It was impractical to use once you had access to it so as you can probably tell, I used it only once and then moved everything to my room for convenience.

In short, it’s a good hotel to stay in. Just don’t get a deposit box as the hotel is safe and quiet.

Room Tip: Rooms with a north view of the city are good as you can see Edinburgh Castle.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We stayed here for one night and we got a really pretty room. Everything was really nice, location, staff, etc.

Room Tip: Internet and bottled water on the room are charged
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends