For travelers on a budget looking to get the best out of the Royal Mile and the heart of Edinburgh, stay here! After an awful hostel experience in London, my boyfriend and I were a little wary of staying here, especially since it is so cheap and had mixed reviews. Within the first ten minutes, we were blown away by the amazing customer service.
Merrick gave us sincere advice and honest information about the hostel, the area, and what sights were worth it and when. We wouldn't have gotten the best out of our experience and our buck if it wasn't for him and the other employees.
The cleanliness isn't the best, but Edinburgh's climate is naturally awful, so forgiveness should be given here. We had a private room on the top floor across the street and it was very quiet (2 rooms and 2 showers, 1 toilet). It was worth the extra £10 for a private room in the middle of a busy, tourist city.
There was a full kitchen on the 2nd floor with complementary utensils, pots, plates, etc. and the other guests were very clean and respectful. There was an oven but no microwave.
The hostel definitely has a punk rock theme going on, it's very relaxed and inviting and the people involved, whether they be employees or guests, are very open and sincere. It has a local, youthful vibe that was a breath of fresh air.
We enjoyed every night we stayed here and will book this place on our next visit to Edinburgh!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Edinburgh Backpackers Hostel has one of the best locations in the city. We have 4 seperate buildings and cater for a wide variety of travellers. We have single, double, twin and quad private rooms (standard & en-suite). We also have 11 dormitories ranging in size from 6-14 beds. Our main building has free WIFI, games room (with pool table), TV Lounge (Sky TV), dinning room and fully equipped kitchen. Each guest is given their own entry key and all dormitories have free lockers (deposit required).All our staff are Backpackers, so we have in depth knowledge on the best and cheapest things to see and do in this amazing city. Our reception is operated 24hrs a day, so someone is always on hand to help with any questions. If you want great value for money and a friendly welcome, Edinburgh Backpackers Hostel is the place to stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Edinburgh Backpackers Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Backpackers Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Backpackers Hostel Scotland