I have just returned from a 2 night stay in a private double room at the Edinburgh Backpackers Hostel. We arrived considerably earlier than than the 1pm check in time but the reception staff were really friendly and advised that we could leave our bags there for free until our room was ready.
We we returned at 1pm were were promptly checked in with no hassle and the staff politely advised there was a 10 pound deposit for the room key and advised that we would be staying in a separate building merely 100 yards away right on the Royal Mile. We had a little trouble getting into the front door with the key but once we entered the flat we were pleasantly surprised given the nature of some previous reviews. We had a private double room in a flat with a shared kitchen and bathroom.There was one other bedroom but the other guests were hardly there so gave us no issues. The place was spotless and were were given clean towels and toilet rolls.
It wasn't the Ritz but given the price of the hostel I thought it was great value for money and I would have no hesitation staying there again. I must emphasize how amazing the location is. It is central to Edinburgh Castle, Holyrod Palace, Camera Obscura, St Giles Cathedral and Princes Street Gardens.
The only downside was that the check out time of 10am is a little early but we could leave our luggage in the hostel reception until we needed to leave for the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Edinburgh Backpackers Hostel has one of the best locations in the city. We have 4 seperate buildings and cater for a wide variety of travellers. We have single, double, twin and quad private rooms (standard & en-suite). We also have 11 dormitories ranging in size from 6-14 beds. Our main building has free WIFI, games room (with pool table), TV Lounge (Sky TV), dinning room and fully equipped kitchen. Each guest is given their own entry key and all dormitories have free lockers (deposit required).All our staff are Backpackers, so we have in depth knowledge on the best and cheapest things to see and do in this amazing city. Our reception is operated 24hrs a day, so someone is always on hand to help with any questions. If you want great value for money and a friendly welcome, Edinburgh Backpackers Hostel is the place to stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Edinburgh Backpackers Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Backpackers Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Backpackers Hostel Scotland