The lack of hot water is ok in Morocco, not in below 0° Scotland. Also I hadn't stayed in a hostel where they charge you for every little thing... even for the luggage room or the use of computers. I know hostels in the UK are usually bad compared to continental Europe, but this one is the worst I have experienced. I mean, there must be worse, but this honestly is the worst I have stayed at. Dirty carpets, cold atmosphere, too many floors and no lift, horrible bathrooms, ugly interiors, cold, cold, cold. I had to walk half naked from the room to the showers because there is nowhere to leave your stuff while you shower. Ah, the heating system in the rooms is SH*T.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Edinburgh Backpackers Hostel has one of the best locations in the city. We have 4 seperate buildings and cater for a wide variety of travellers. We have single, double, twin and quad private rooms (standard & en-suite). We also have 11 dormitories ranging in size from 6-14 beds. Our main building has free WIFI, games room (with pool table), TV Lounge (Sky TV), dinning room and fully equipped kitchen. Each guest is given their own entry key and all dormitories have free lockers (deposit required).All our staff are Backpackers, so we have in depth knowledge on the best and cheapest things to see and do in this amazing city. Our reception is operated 24hrs a day, so someone is always on hand to help with any questions. If you want great value for money and a friendly welcome, Edinburgh Backpackers Hostel is the place to stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Edinburgh Backpackers Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Backpackers Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Backpackers Hostel Scotland